Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: mental health day

I see as usual this thread has turned into a debate.. Mental illness is not something you can recognise by looking at someone.. but it carries a lot of stigma.. hardly surprising the way some spoke in this thread that people who endure mental illness try to battle it by themselves... I suppose what troubles some people on here is if you can`t see it.. it does not exist.. x

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DONEGALANGEL For This Useful Post:

El Gordo (11-10-10), JohnRambo (11-10-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    More and more people are discovering that one of the worst and most destructive things you could do is to visit a psychiatrist. They will invariably "diagnose" you with something and say you need this medication to get better. If you take the pills you are destroying your body and especially your brain.

"dr love", whether you are working your nuts off or not is irrelevant to whether people should be going to these psychiatrists. You work yourself for money, if you don't think it's worth doing it then quit.

All of the supposed anti-depressant SSRI pills cause people to commit suicide and homicide. This is a clear and absolute FACT and they by law even have to have warnings on the boxes and the leaflets about what they might cause. I've seen people even here trying to deny this or think it must be somehow wrong but it is not wrong, the pharmaceutical industry tried all sorts of things to get out of it but as the years went by and more and more people were killed by murder or suicide they finally had to accept it and they put it down as a "potential side effect". They shouldn't be allowed to ever sell those pills at all.

Here's a documentary about it you might find interesting:

Thank you! As I say, love and affection is the best treatment.
    Is this the land where sun brightly shines, is this the existence of a heaven's sign?
    Is this the locus the hallowed focus, where grace love and harmony combine?

Rotting Christ - Nemecic

Who Am I? A son of northern darkness.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    What i am getting at is to acheive balance means diverting time away from the things you love doing the most,all for the sake of announcing that your mentally balanced or healthy. I rather be unbalanced and happy. Is it possible to acheive mental balnce anyway since everybodies definition of it would be different?

Westside.
    Again, you're not getting it. You're contradicting yourself here........

"Balance" is something different for everybody...........

"Happiness" is something different for everybody........

And achieving either is something different for everybody...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robijntje View Post
    Thank you! As I say, love and affection is the best treatment.
    Yes, if it works, but it sin't always as simple at that..........
    L

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    BTW, a video on youtube is not evidence or fact.......
    Especially when the video is produced by a cult. Citizens Commission on Human Rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Blog Entries

Again, you're not getting it. You're contradicting yourself here........

"Balance" is something different for everybody...........

"Happiness" is something different for everybody........

And achieving either is something different for everybody...........
    So why is there so much unhappiness around? Because everyone is mentally ill? I hear ppl say all the time about what they want to do but never even take the first steps to doing it. I hear ppl say they want to get in shape yet they gorge themselves all weekend long. I hear ppl say that they want to get rich yet spend everything that they earn.

Your right saying balance and happiness and acheiving these is different for everyone but im saying you cannot be successful at anything without putting more into that then otehr things in your life and this isnt balance but not neccessarilly mental illness.

Westside.

Blog Entries

So why is there so much unhappiness around? Because everyone is mentally ill? I hear ppl say all the time about what they want to do but never even take the first steps to doing it. I hear ppl say they want to get in shape yet they gorge themselves all weekend long. I hear ppl say that they want to get rich yet spend everything that they earn.

Your right saying balance and happiness and acheiving these is different for everyone but im saying you cannot be successful at anything without putting more into that then otehr things in your life and this isnt balance but not neccessarilly mental illness.

Westside.
    Hang on, I'm seeing it now. You think unhappiness is a mental illness..........

Oh ffs.........

I give up............
    L

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DONEGALANGEL View Post
    I see as usual this thread has turned into a debate.. Mental illness is not something you can recognise by looking at someone.. but it carries a lot of stigma.. hardly surprising the way some spoke in this thread that people who endure mental illness try to battle it by themselves... I suppose what troubles some people on here is if you can`t see it.. it does not exist.. x
    there are very few ppl actually mentally ill. Very few. Most of those who say or think or are told by whoever that they are mentally ill just dont have their thoughts in check. There is nothing scientific about this. An action is an accumulation of thoughts put into being. Think about a thing long enough and often enough and it becomes habitual, to the point of you not even knowing it.

By all means promote mental health ,by all means promote balance if thats what suits a person, but keep it real and stop blowing the thing out of proportion. I have met quite a few screwed up heads but i cant think of one that required intervention. I can however thinkl of a few that sought intervention and ended up worse with less money too.

just my feelings on it,
    Westside.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

nicegirlsarenice (11-10-10)

Blog Entries

Hang on, I'm seeing it now. You think unhappiness is a mental illness..........

Oh ffs.........

I give up............
    Nope i dont. I responded to what you said.

Westside.

Blog Entries

there are very few ppl actually mentally ill. Very few. Most of those who say or think or are told by whoever that they are mentally ill just dont have their thoughts in check. There is nothing scientific about this. An action is an accumulation of thoughts put into being. Think about a thing long enough and often enough and it becomes habitual, to the point of you not even knowing it.

By all means promote mental health ,by all means promote balance if thats what suits a person, but keep it real and stop blowing the thing out of proportion. I have met quite a few screwed up heads but i cant think of one that required intervention. I can however thinkl of a few that sought intervention and ended up worse with less money too.

just my feelings on it,
    Westside.
    I wish to retract my previous post...........

Now I give up...........

Fuckin bullshit..........
    L

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast