Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it ok for a man to cry?

Reviews

i have also broke into tears for unknowing reasons to myself especially when i was feeling depressed..i am an Emotional type of guy anyway there is no shame in crying like samlad has already said but i would rather be able to control it and not show my tears...but thats a very hard thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    i have also broke into tears for unknowing reasons to myself especially when i was feeling depressed..i am an Emotional type of guy anyway there is no shame in crying like samlad has already said but i would rather be able to control it and not show my tears...but thats a very hard thing to do
    Bottling up emotions can be a very dangerous thing from some psychological case studies I've read. We have to find an outlet otherwise it manifests and turns us against ourselves. This is usually the reason for many suicides.
    Last edited by samlad; 09-10-10 at 12:01.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

benin (09-10-10), Dirty Harry (09-10-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by diannasweet View Post
    Now my myyyyy yyyyyyyy key is stuck..,,,thanks.......................

Poggo..........
    Some PPL mistake an attempt at reconciliation, as a personal attack or insult......

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Bottling up emotions can be a very dangerous thing from some psychological case studies I've read. We have to find an outlet otherwise it manifests and turns us against ourselves. This is usually the reason for many suicides.
    yes thats very true indeed its scary when you think about it like that

Reviews

Of course it's ok for a man to cry, it's a release of inner tensions. See this statement:-
    It is a widespread belief in the western world that crying is therapeutic and also the converse, that failure to cry is a danger to our health. Randolph Cornelius (1986) systematically analysed the content of popular articles on weeping in the press from 1850 to 1985 and found a major theme was that crying was considered an important means of releasing physiological tensions; if it wasn't released, it would find an outlet in some other way, such as affecting the person's body and possibly causing disease. 94% of articles recommended letting tears flow.

I didn't realise that the little boy had a brain tumor, I switched on halfway through, God love him.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rover For This Useful Post:

samlad (09-10-10)

Reviews

Ok i think it is important to make a few distinctions here,,,in a situation like Ben describes crying over a image or a strong responce is the type of crying that describes a persons charecter and emotional state,,it is good to release this emotion and a good cry will do you no harm,,,then there is the gut wrenching crying precipatated by a loss,, those who have gone through this will know what i mean..one has no control..it is from a place that we cannot control and almost have to release it,,those who do not release this,,either by denial or drugs,,, I agreee are defooo doing themselves harm,,,then there is "LEARNED RESPONSE CRYING" this can best be described by the child that continually gets attention by crying it soon learns that crying gets attention,,this is not good and is counter productive,,so like all things regarding emotion there is no black and white just a whole lot of grey...this is of course a simplistic reply to cover a subject that has taken up whole liberies so please,,,tis just an observation.......

Poggo........................
    Last edited by poggo; 09-10-10 at 12:23. Reason: crying on my keyboard
    Some PPL mistake an attempt at reconciliation, as a personal attack or insult......

9. The Following User Says Thank You to poggo For This Useful Post:

Doozer (09-10-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by poggo View Post
    Ok i think it is important to make a few distinctions here,,,in a situation like Ben describes crying over a image or a strong responce is the type of crying that describes a persons charecter and emotional state,,it is good to release this emotion and a good cry will do you no harm,,,then there is the gut wrenching crying precipatated by a loss,, those who have gone through this will know what i mean..one has no control..it is from a place that we cannot control and almost have to release it,,those who do not release this,,either by denial or drugs,,, I agreee are defooo doing themselves harm,,,then there is "LEARNED RESPONSE CRYING" this can best be described by the child that continually gets attention by crying it soon learns that crying gets attention,,this is not good and is counter productive,,so like all thing regarding emotion there is no black and white just a whole lot of grey...this is of course a simplistic reply to cover a subject that has taken up whole liberies so please,,,tis just an observation.......

No tears on the outside, cut to pieces on the inside.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rover For This Useful Post:

Paddii (09-10-10)

Quote Originally Posted by poggo View Post
    "LEARNED RESPONSE CRYING" this can best be described by the child that continually gets attention by crying it soon learns that crying gets attention,,this is not good and is counter productive,,so like all thing regarding emotion there is no black and white just a whole lot of grey...

Can i get my ice cream now Poggo???????????

Last edited by diannasweet; 09-10-10 at 12:26.
    Don't miss my visit in your town/city...

Blog Entries

When I read THIS article and saw the pic with it i cried, it's one of the saddest things I have ever seen, I know it's meant to inspire but I just can't help but get upset at the thought of what this kid must of gone through in his life.

I didn't post the pic on the site for the reason that I think it's not the right place for it

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    No tears on the outside, cut to pieces on the inside.
    Go easy on yourself.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

rover (09-10-10)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast