Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Property prices.......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    A good comparison, but doesn't Japan still make things? I'm trying to think of people I know who actually make things that people in other countries might conceivably want to buy. I'm not coming up with many names.
    Don't we make a bit of this stuff........

We also have elected officials who seem to be able to make a cunt of everything.......
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    A good comparison, but doesn't Japan still make things? I'm trying to think of people I know who actually make things that people in other countries might conceivably want to buy. I'm not coming up with many names.
    That's one of the reasons Japan has been in a recession for the last 20 years, they make things people don't want; and they've foolishly engaged in currency speculation to make those things attractive to prospective buyers as well as keeping their investment in the Dollar and the Euro valuable even if it means selling itself short; but the comparison is still a valid one, during the 90's japan's real estate market fell by 80 percent..
    Last edited by anitasizzle; 09-10-10 at 21:06.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I blame the financial advisers that popped up on every street corner just as much as the banks and ourselves, how many of us know someone that went to one of them and they filled in the mortgage application form with fairytales for them and as for Salary certs required with the application, a €20 rubber stamp bought in any office supply shop with the name of the company you work for on it got around that.. One of my staff came to me looking for blank P60 forms, when I asked her what for she said her advisor wanted them, her salary was too low in the prvious year so he was going to fill in the P60 so she would meet the criteria..

Sounds like a government sponsored pyramid scheme to me

4. The Following User Says Thank You to anitasizzle For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (09-10-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    Sounds like a government sponsored pyramid scheme to me
    The entire basis of the Irish economy for the past 15 years.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Iashaf For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (09-10-10)

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    Don't we make a bit of this stuff........

We also have elected officials who seem to be able to make a cunt of everything.......
    we provide the location in which it is made the IDA provide the buildings but the profits eventually go home to uncle sam
    Last edited by johnmurphy; 09-10-10 at 21:33. Reason: spelling

Reviews

The only thing that differentiates our government from the South American juntas of the 1970s and 1980s and the corrupt regimes in Africa is that we actually used a tried and tested democratic system to put this lot into office following three successive elections. The Africans and Latin Americans had some excuse.......often as not elections were rigged or they were intimidated.......we were just lied to and we bought the crap. Fianna Fail used to butter us up to make us feel good about ourselves and what was happening. They used standard soundbites like "Ireland has a young educated population" and we "have a very sophisticated electorate". So how come a young educated and sophisticated electorate made a habit of electing gombeens who were either corrupt or incompetent or both and either took the policy decisions that contributed to this mess or failed to take the necessary policy decisions to avoid the mess? But maybe we should be grateful for small mercies.......the have'nt started to persecute, arrest, torture or murder their citizens yet.......they're just going to screw us into a state of destitution.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlos marvado For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (09-10-10), Ric Hardgear (09-10-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Love View Post
    I think any of the mortages obtained with false documents that lending company's helped with should be null and void... When Iwent for mortgage. I was sent to accountant who made it possile for me to purchase.. The mortagage company, accountant and I knew the papers were complete bullshite..
    They are going to knock houses down to stabalize market. Right now too many houses and not enough buyers.... The whole thing is disgusting really
    problem is that the borrowers signature is there saying that it is all true but there is no signature on behalf of the lender saying that so it is the borrower who is liable for the false information but i heard on the radio the other day of cases in the usa where the banks sold on the mortages and then they got sold on again and again now the banks can not find the original papers and even when they can it is unsure who is owed the money

e.g. aib lends joe bloggs 500k to by a house but then sell the mortage to some other bank who sell it on again etc

anyway it seems the aib bank officials did not have the paperwork anymore when joe bloggs defaulted and the aib officials who were signing the legal proceedings for foreclosure were doing so illegally because they must "have sight" of the original paperwork so it just might be worth asking for sight of the original paperwork if you are threatened with foreclosure

11. The Following User Says Thank You to johnmurphy For This Useful Post:

anon361 (09-10-10)

Quote Originally Posted by anthony48 View Post
    P.S. I'm Anthony48 on Chat. BestXXX
    pps your anthony48 here too tom

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    The only thing that differentiates our government from the South American juntas of the 1970s and 1980s and the corrupt regimes in Africa is that we actually used a tried and tested democratic system to put this lot into office following three successive elections. The Africans and Latin Americans had some excuse.......often as not elections were rigged or they were intimidated.......we were just lied to and we bought the crap. Fianna Fail used to butter us up to make us feel good about ourselves and what was happening. They used standard soundbites like "Ireland has a young educated population" and we "have a very sophisticated electorate". So how come a young educated and sophisticated electorate made a habit of electing gombeens who were either corrupt or incompetent or both and either took the policy decisions that contributed to this mess or failed to take the necessary policy decisions to avoid the mess? But maybe we should be grateful for small mercies.......the have'nt started to persecute, arrest, torture or murder their citizens yet.......they're just going to screw us into a state of destitution.
    well said.........
    a thousand kisses deep..

Quote Originally Posted by johnmurphy View Post
    pps your anthony48 here too tom
    Indulging again darling? Remember the water.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast