Thread: Irish bloody trains

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DONEGALANGEL View Post
    And why do old people talk so much?

well Lucy for some old people they may never have contact with a lot of people unless they come out on their one day a week trip.. when they are talking to people it helps them remember.... and you know if you sit and take the time an old person may tell you the most wonderful things about their past... Alzheimer's - Must-Read Poem: Crabby Old Man.. read this Lucy and think the next time what you see and hear when an old person is talking it is a fantastic poem... maybe a lot of people should read it and see what an old person really is cos a lot have forgotten .....x
    I actually came across that very same poem about six months ago......the only slight difference is that it was called Crabby Old Woman and was written from a female perspective.....but it was essentially the same poem. I'm not sure if it was actually written by an old person to express their views on the aging process and how they are perceived by younger people, but I have seen it used as part of a teaching program for the caring professions. It's an interesting and powerful poem and highlights why people should look beyond the infirmities etc. of the elderly.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to carlos marvado For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (06-10-10)