Thread: Blackest day in the Irish economy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RodeoMan View Post
    As I was working late tonight, I switch on the news to hear that today was the blackest day for the irish economy since our inception. How come all these bankers are still getting there 29 million pension schemes and staying out of prison, this is a typical example of white collar crime.
    What hope has any young person staying in this country, we really appear to be fucked.
    There are no laws on the books that say they committed any crimes, it's the same thing over here, and I bet in a lot of other countries going through the same thing. These banks hire lawyers to comb through country's financial regulations looking for any loop holes to exploit. But blame Bertie Ahern, too; regulators asked for additional staff and was told ''wait a couple of more years, we're not finished yet.' Finish what? Robbing the country? Ahern should be tried for treason, a definite enemy of the Irish state
    Last edited by anitasizzle; 30-09-10 at 23:04.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to anitasizzle For This Useful Post:

BootSlick55 (30-09-10), dub1 (01-10-10), Experienced Punter esq (01-10-10), johnmurphy (30-09-10), Prickly (01-10-10), Ric Hardgear (30-09-10)