Thread: Blackest day in the Irish economy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    English Milly Masseuse Guest

When the Doom of the banks hit the UK it affected us "normal" people in a way that has only really becoming apparent recently in the aftermath and so called "RECOVERY"
    Of course if you had shares, pensions, a small business or huge mortgages you were in big trouble and it definately woke us all up to paying attention and taking notice of the economy instead of 'leaving it to the experts' (ha, thats a laff!)

I NEVER used to watch politics shows or see how the pound was doing around the world but it certainly made me take an interest for the sake of our children, if nothing else.

Looking at things like shopping on the high street and in the big supermarkets, I feel that the price war has made us aware of what we were spending and what we SHOULD be spending
    When I tour Ireland, I am absolutely appalled at how the shops slaughter you guys! Your restuarants are highly over priced and the the general cost of living is comparable to the centre of London!

I never used to price compare, but now I shop around and I take note of where is better value for MY HARD EARNED MONEY to be spent.
    I can only speak for us here in the Uk and I can see that we were all living beyond our means for years.....the banks were throwing credit at us, encouraging us to have 6 credit cards, take a 100% mortgage.....its all shit! How can it make sense to have a car sitting on the driveway thats worth nearly as much as the house? Did we get what we deserve for being materialistic creatures?
    The banks are to blame for the most, but we need to wake up and stop letting them mug us off!

Ok, Friday rant over

have a great day x

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to English Milly Masseuse For This Useful Post:

dub1 (01-10-10), NaughyYanna (01-10-10), Paddii (01-10-10)