Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blackest day in the Irish economy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnmurphy View Post
    we are just sinking slower
    The way i see it is this. Its like you and i are stuck in a barrels and both are filling with water. Eventually we will both drown because we cant get out and they fill up slowly with water.

You decide we are fucked. I mean nobody knows we are here and we are going to drown anyway. So you quit and drown.

I ,on the other hand decided is there anything can do and i brainstormed everything. To survive you must have food and water and the barrel is filling up with a little water each day and soon i will drown. So what do i decide to do? I drink some water everyday to prevent being thristy and this is turned prevents the barrel from filling up to the point of me drowning.

My point is times are tough, times are hard but with every bad thing there is a learning opportunity and a chance to dig deeper and get better.The problem is Irish are not good at digging deeper unless its in the pub buying pints. Like a sportsperson. One gets injured and says f this and gives up but the other says "yep im injured but i will be back better than ever".Same thing.

Westside.

PS i know i didnt allow for pissing in my example but sure i could drink that too.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 01-10-10 at 13:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    The way i see it is this. Its like you and i are stuck in a barrels and both are filling with water. Eventually we will both drown because we cant get out and they fill up slowly with water.

You decide we are fucked. I mean nobody knows we are here and we are going to drown anyway. So you quit and drown.

I ,on the other hand decided is there anything can do and i brainstormed everything. To survive you must have food and water and the barrel is filling up with a little water each day and soon i will drown. So what do i decide to do? I drink some water everyday to prevent being thristy and this is turned prevents the barrel from filling up to the point of me drowning.

My point is times are tough, times are hard but with every bad thing there is a learning opportunity and a chance to dig deeper and get better.The problem is Irish are not good at digging deeper unless its in the pub buying pints. Like a sportsperson. One gets injured and says f this and gives up but the other says "yep im injured but i will be back better than ever".Same thing.

Westside.

PS i know i didnt allow for pissing in my example but sure i could drink that too.
    and you would be drinkin your own shite and piss mixed...i think id go out the john murphy way lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    and you would be drinkin your own shite and piss mixed...i think id go out the john murphy way lol
    The ppl themselves are to blame to a point because they have lived way beyond their means. I visit ppl,i have to drive through two huge electronic gates, drive into the driveway and park next to 3 litre petrol cars and big jeeps and you wouldnt mind i have to go inside and actually sit down and listen to miserable ppl talking the biggest load of bs i have heard in along time. You wouldnt mind iof they were happy but bloody misery and this is typical of modern Ireland. The so called bright generation ,the so called educated generation. I see scooters parked in schools and they belong to the pupils. Fuckin scooters that have to be insured, taxed and run. When i was in school i bloody walked and that was that.

There is a saying that the man ploughing the field is the happiest and its says alot. Sure ppl have to borrow and live but they dont have to buy huge cars and live on huge estates or go on several holidays per year. They can and alot do but dont come and visit it on those that can handle money better and still remain relatively happy and way happier than these ppl in most cases.

The fact of the matter is everyone has to pay for the stupidity of alot but not all. Why should i be penalised because some guy bases his mortgage on double overtime? Surely someone neednt be told that if things went down and the overtime went that he'd be in big trouble??????????? Where is the need for Eddie Hobbs or a degree in Economics to point this out? This is basic intelligence verses stupidity and like i always say. You wouldnt mind if we lived for a thousand years but foir 70 -75 years?

Ppl are right to blame the politicians and corrupt bankers and developers but they must also realize that they created alot of it themselves too by living too far beyond their means.

This troubles me because when we get out of this mess ,we will have learned nothing and the mess will come along again some day.

Not worth it,
    Westside.

PS another thing. I remember not very long ago ppl saying Ireland was rich country. We were never a rich country. If i have a tenner in my back pocket but you have the promise of 500 that you dont have yet, who is in a more financially stable postion at that point in time? Money isnt real until its in your back pocket.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 01-10-10 at 14:00.

The ppl themselves are to blame to a point because they have lived way beyond their means. I visit ppl,i have to drive through two huge electronic gates, drive into the driveway and park next to 3 litre petrol cars and big jeeps and you wouldnt mind i have to go inside and actually sit down and listen to miserable ppl talking the biggest load of bs i have heard in along time. You wouldnt mind iof they were happy but bloody misery and this is typical of modern Ireland. The so called bright generation ,the so called educated generation. I see scooters parked in schools and they belong to the pupils. Fuckin scooters that have to be insured, taxed and run. When i was in school i bloody walked and that was that.

There is a saying that the man ploughing the field is the happiest and its says alot. Sure ppl have to borrow and live but they dont have to buy huge cars and live on huge estates or go on several holidays per year. They can and alot do but dont come and visit it on those that can handle money better and still remain relatively happy and way happier than these ppl in most cases.

The fact of the matter is everyone has to pay for the stupidity of alot but not all. Why should i be penalised because some guy bases his mortgage on double overtime? Surely someone neednt be told that if things went down and the overtime went that he'd be in big trouble??????????? Where is the need for Eddie Hobbs or a degree in Economics to point this out? This is basic intelligence verses stupidity and like i always say. You wouldnt mind if we lived for a thousand years but foir 70 -75 years?

Ppl are right to blame the politicians and corrupt bankers and developers but they must also realize that they created alot of it themselves too by living too far beyond their means.

This troubles me because when we get out of this mess ,we will have learned nothing and the mess will come along again some day.

Not worth it,
    Westside.

PS another thing. I remember not very long ago ppl saying Ireland was rich country. We were never a rich country. If i have a tenner in my back pocket but you have the promise of 500 that you dont have yet, who is in a more financially stable postion at that point in time? Money isnt real until its in your back pocket.
    i know at least 20 familys who are exactly as you described above

i should liking'd to kicking'd Mr Cowen adin inside in his own bolleex, then when he fell on the ground stamp on him like what Robert De Niro did to the face of that bloke out of the Permanent TSB ads, in the film Goodfellas, when said lad from Permanent TSB did telling Joe Pesci to getting'd his shoe shine box.. deedin i would.
    I'm a well hung chap, hung like a bastard says i.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by wellhungchap View Post
    i should liking'd to kicking'd Mr Cowen adin inside in his own bolleex, then when he fell on the ground stamp on him like what Robert De Niro did to the face of that bloke out of the Permanent TSB ads, in the film Goodfellas, when said lad from Permanent TSB did telling Joe Pesci to getting'd his shoe shine box.. deedin i would.
    Why don't you shower him with Custard, ah fuck it, shower them all with Custard.

Shower Westie with Custard.
    Last edited by rover; 01-10-10 at 15:25.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Reviews

Angry

Not worth it,
    Westside.

Westy I agree with most of your points but I will add that over 70% of those that voted in the last General Election voted for either Fianna Fail, Fine Gael,Progressive Democratics or Right Wing Independents. All these parties strongly advocated extreme liberalisation and self regulation (which often meant no regulation) in nearly all sectors of the Irish economy. It's a bit rich to hear voters of these parties whining the most. Did these people not know what they were voting for, either they don't have a understanding of basic economics or one of the T.Ds winked at them coming out of Sunday mass to ensure their vote.

Quote Originally Posted by dub1 View Post
    Westy I agree with most of your points but I will add that over 70% of those that voted in the last General Election voted for either Fianna Fail, Fine Gael,Progressive Democratics or Right Wing Independents. All these parties strongly advocated extreme liberalisation and self regulation (which often meant no regulation) in nearly all sectors of the Irish economy. It's a bit rich to hear voters of these parties whining the most. Did these people not know what they were voting for, either they don't have a understanding of basic economics or one of the T.Ds winked at them coming out of Sunday mass to ensure their vote.
    just glad you got the spelling right there...wellhungchap cant really fully discuss what you might have said.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

dub1 (01-10-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    Why don't you shower him with Custard, ah fuck it, shower them all with Custard.

Shower Westie with Custard.
    Will you throw some strawberries in with the custard? Make the custard hard too plz, slushy custard is like,

whatever, strawberries,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 01-10-10 at 17:18.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dub1 View Post
    I think most ppl that vote dont know what they vote for really and vote for whoever they are always loyal to regardless of policies but i think this will change in the next election. Ppl will give far more thought to the policies of who they vote for.

Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 01-10-10 at 17:21.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

dub1 (01-10-10)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast