I've been running El Gordo's guide for about a year now, and the rules are still exactly as they were in the beginning:
- Ratted or N/A reviews are ignored
- Only the most recent review of an escort by a reviewer is considered
- Only reviews from reviewers with at least 7 reviews count
- Only escorts with at least 12 such reviews are eligible to appear
- Of those, the top 50 escorts in terms of average "Overall Satisfaction" are listed, in alphabetical order.
- I make no attempt to figure out who is retired unless an escort specifically tells me that she is no longer working and doesn't want to be listed.
I wasn't sure initially if this was worth the effort, but the main list now has 6,759 views, and the various location lists have 11,005 views between them, so the guide must be useful to someone.
The rules haven't changed, but there are now many more reviews in the system and there are twice as many escorts who meet the 7/12 criterion. In particular, there are a lot of very good escorts who don't make the cutoff of 50. If you think about the ratings as a star system, where "Very Happy" is five stars and "Very Unhappy" is one star, there are escorts who fail to make the cut because they have "only" 4.8 stars on average. I would have no hesitation about seeing someone like that. In fact I have seen some of them and left very happy.
I think it's time for an update to the rules, to make the guide more useful. I'll probably do this some time in the next few weeks, unless there are lots of objections. Here are some ideas, but feel free to suggest more.
- I could tighten the rules for inclusion, raising the numbers 7 and 12. I don't really see the point. It's already quite hard to accumulate that many reviews from established reviewers. For example, Emma in Kildare is a well very known and popular escort, but she hadn't appeared until the most recent update, because she didn't yet have enough reviews from established reviewers.
- I could try to remove escorts who are retired or who have been gone for a long time. There's no reliable way to do this. Escorts sometimes retire and then months later decide to come back, as Karin (SD) recently did. But I could, for example, remove escorts who haven't been reviewed in more than a year.
- I could increase the number of escorts on the list. There's a limit to the length of blog posts, so this would mean more than one post and messing up some people's bookmarks. And what would be a good number to increase it to?
- Or I could just leave everything as it is. For those of us in Dublin that would probably be fine. There are always quite a few escorts from the list to choose from. Outside Dublin it's more of a problem. In most counties there are none.
If anyone has any other ideas, please suggest them on this thread.