Thread: Question/Advice regarding Social Welfare

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Question/Advice regarding Social Welfare

Last Monday i had an interview for a job, and being unemployed i collected my dole on Tuesday as i do every Tuesday. I was told on Monday that i would be brought in on Thursday & Friday for 2 days training and see how i got on, which was the last 2 days and i got on quite well thankfully. I'm working all next week (hopefully, touch wood) but we get paid every 2 weeks and that means that it will be next Friday week that i get paid (other staff got paid yesterday). But i'm hoping to collect my dole money next tuesday aswell, even though i'm working, but i will need that €196 to get me through all of next week and the following week, (i have alot of travel expenses to try pay for and find a new place to live to be close to the job), from tuesday until the following friday when i get paid, so 10 days. But then when i go to sign off the dole, maybe about thursday or friday of next week (2 or 3 days after collecting my last payment) i go to social welfare and sign off, if they ask or if i am given a form to fill out and am asked when my work started on, should i just say that it started about 2 days before hand and not over a week before that? Will i get away with it or will i get found out? And if i do get found out what exactly will happen? If its a case of just having to pay back the extra €196 that i got that week then i will have no problem paying it back, its just that i need it to cover myself for the next week and a bit until payment day. Will i be ok or will i get slaughtered for it?
    Last edited by Rod Stewart; 18-09-10 at 23:57.