Motorsport was in shock today with the surprise announcement that he is to be number one race driver with leading Demolition Derby Race team 'Amoco AssBusters'.

"With George's exceptional driving record it's a no-brainer." beamed Team owner J.J. 'Jace The Face' Parry at the team's press conference today. "The boy's a natural car-crasher."

"I know the he's really up for it. A big shunt from behind doesn't phase him one bit. Or being rammed up against a wall and rear-ended. George loves playing 'hard ball' with the other guys and will be a real asset to us all here at Team 'Amoco AssBusters'.

Dismissing rumours that Mr. Michael had received offers from teams in other areas of motorsport, Parry said "It's true that he looked at approaches from Stock car racing and F1, but really, George's natural ability and passion for carmageddon and smashing into anything with walls has steered him naturally to Demoltion Derby. Besides, even Ferrari couldn't afford the hundreds of cars he'd get through in an F1 season."

"Another enticement that I believe drew George to our particular brand of racing is that, unlike other motor sports, we don't have mandatory drug testing." added Parry.

Handing over the microphone to the bubbling, tanned and beaming singer, J.J. asked Michael whether he was looking forward to his new career. "Bring it on girlfriend!" George cracked, a wicked glint in his sunglasses. "I can't wait to get my leathers on and get down and dirty with the guys, helmet to helmet. Wham-bang-thank-you-man!"

Final word went to Parry, "This could be the start of something big for George and he's gotta have faith. Who knows, he could easily progress to Monster Trucks. The man has a limitless talent for self destruction"