Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 911

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Interesting- please do explain your points.

Last edited by Westsidex; 11-09-10 at 12:03. Reason: no point in it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Take Afghanistan. America agreed to pay them money to put oil pipeline through Afghanistan. The Taliban wanted more, the Americans said nope, Taliban said no pipeline and America invades Afghanistan under the premise that they are hiding Bin Laden (who is dead from kidney falure for years now).
    I guess the 9/11 thing was just good timing then..........

I changed my mind, stay away from Google, or at least the conspiracy theory section..........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Oh sorry Westie, did I get to that before you???...........
    L

Blog Entries

The UK has little choice. Small matter of the Americans doing the odd favour or two in 1943.
    It was Tony Blair who went around to the White House 1997 and ask ''What are we going to do about Iraq?'' For some reason the English have always had a 'special' interest in Iraq.

Reviews

MMMMMMM 11/9/01 was a tragedy and no one would dissagree with that,,the reasons for the subsequent actions by the world powers will be a matter of debate for many years,,oil certainly is one of the main reasons but there is more to it than that,,my concern is the errosion of hard fought for democratic principles,, using the politics of fear many countrys have introduced draconian laws ostensibly inacted to protect but in reality used to control,,in the US the patriot act and in the UK the terrorism act have without a doubt eaten away at the principles,,that millions of lives where lost to aquire,,this to me is the real tragedy of that day,,and if anyone thinks they are not affected by these laws then they are badly mistaken..

Poggo..........
    Some PPL mistake an attempt at reconciliation, as a personal attack or insult......

6. The Following User Says Thank You to poggo For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (11-09-10)

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    It was Tony Blair who went around to the White House 1997 and ask ''What are we going to do about Iraq?'' For some reason the English have always had a 'special' interest in Iraq.
    The English have a long history of getting their finger in many pies. Oil money will of course, speak quite loudly. The UK is allied with the US historically as well as financially.
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 11-09-10 at 12:27.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Blog Entries

Adlai Stevenson's ''Nature of Patriotism'' speech, August 27, 1952.
    The tragedy of our day is the climate of fear in which we live, and fear breeds repression. Too often sinister threats to the Bill of Rights, to freedom of the mind, are concealed under the patriotic cloak of anti-communism.
    Now it's anti-terrorism...........
    Last edited by luther; 11-09-10 at 12:30.
    L

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luther For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (11-09-10), poggo (11-09-10)

Blog Entries

The UK has little choice. Small matter of the Americans doing the odd favour or two in 1943.
    Actually I wouldn't say it have very much to do with 1945. The UK couldn't afford not to go with the Americans. They would have been economically crippled if they didn't........

The UK's involvement in military matters with the USA rarely stretches much beyond economics......

While it's citizens may be convinced it's the right thing to do, it's rarely the reason.........

Economics and politics, not war and peace.........
    Last edited by luther; 11-09-10 at 12:39.
    L

11. The Following User Says Thank You to luther For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (11-09-10)

Reviews

I just glanced at the news last night and saw the protests, where a new Mosque is proposed to be built by the 911 site, personally I think it is an insult to the people who lost their dear ones and it is a bit out of taste. The lefty brigade naturally would see nothing wrong with building a Mosque there. Any thoughts.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Reviews

Can everyone remember where they were when they heard the news of the 9/11 terror attacks? I can

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast