Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: The silence of Bono.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,556
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default The silence of Bono.

    Is it just me or has this idiot gotten quiet about his poverty rants ever since the recession started? I for one ,was sick to death of hearing a guy , a billionaire who sued a woman for his high heeled boots, going on about how we should give our money to ,pretty much everyone except ourselves.

    Bono are you out there?????????
    Westside.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    Maybe he realised that the pockets of dictators and pharmaceutical companies know no bounds and would take our last penny and the last penny of their people. They're promoting the very corperate system they profess to hate so much and have done very well out of, while they fly around in their helicopters.

    Sir Bob Geldof is a clown of the highest order. He is trying to promote GM foods, artificial foods that will mix with our own natural foods and there is no going back from that. Bob Geldof is killing our food and trying to deny our children and descendants forever of real food.

    They talk about "feeding the world", and "to feed the world we must go GM".... but the more we feed the world, the more people there are going to be fed in the future. Why doesn't he just promote living in places where land is available, not having more children than can be fed. Bob Geldof's grand plan is that we will never feed the world, the population will just keep expanding. It's all a big joke and will ruin humanity forever.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 06-09-10 at 14:48.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,556
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Maybe he realised that the pockets of dictators and pharmaceutical companies know no bounds and would take our last penny and the last penny of their people. They're promoting the very corperate system they profess to hate so much and have done very well out of, while they fly around in their helicopters.

    Sir Bob Geldof is a clown of the highest order. He is trying to promote GM foods, artificial foods that will mix with our own natural foods and there is no going back from that. Bob Geldof is killing our food and trying to deny our children and descendants forever of real food.
    Nobody made more money out of LiveAid than that hypocrite.

    Geldof is a scam and a fool,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 06-09-10 at 14:47.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Nobody made more money out of LiveAid than that hypocrite.

    Geldof is a scam and a fool,
    Westside.
    How true, at least Bono has a legitimate claim to fame. Geldof was nothing but a member of a fourth rate piece of shit commercial irish pop band in the 1970s before he got his scam on the road, the rest of his family are benefitting from it as well. Nobody would know who he was otherwise. It's like taking the charity work that celebrities do to promote themselves to a grand scale.

    Wow... I never knew about this sort of thing...:

    During mid November 2008, a local for profit organisation Diversity@Work invited Geldof to Melbourne, to speak about the tragedy of Third World poverty and the failure of governments to combat the crisis. However it was subsequently revealed that he was paid AU$100,000 for his one-off speech which included a luxury hotel room and first-class airfares. Criticism has been raised at the contradiction of demanding such fees to speak on world poverty and human misery

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Geldof

    Is nothing sacred? To be honest, I thought Geldof would be living some type of middle-class existance apart from his trips around the world, I guess even I was naive about his skullduggery and scamming.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 06-09-10 at 15:03.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Geldof has 30 million in the bank.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,556
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    How true, at least Bono has a legitimate claim to fame. Geldof was nothing but a member of a fourth rate piece of shit commercial irish pop band in the 1970s before he got his scam on the road, the rest of his family are benefitting from it as well. Nobody would know who he was otherwise. It's like taking the charity work that celebrities do to promote themselves to a grand scale.
    Well to be honest ,the Boomtown Rats were better than U2 are now although not as good as U2 in their earlier days though. Geldof is a creep. Have being saying this for years. I have met him and thought he was two faced to the extreme.

    Mr nice guy image,
    Westside.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Baker St.
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Is it just me or has this idiot gotten quiet about his poverty rants ever since the recession started? I for one ,was sick to death of hearing a guy , a billionaire who sued a woman for his high heeled boots, going on about how we should give our money to ,pretty much everyone except ourselves.

    Bono are you out there?????????
    Westside.
    ------------------------------------------
    I think he had gone "all head in sand" since the protest in Dub over U2 going "offshore" hence evading the Irish tax net.
    His admotition to be patriotic was typical of the hypocrite.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,086
    Reviews
    48

    Default

    I have met bono many times i have to say he is one of the nicest blokes you will ever meet.Why do we Irish knock anyone that is trying to do some good.If he sat around doing fuck all we would be all saying he should be doing something.Sometimes you just can't win i suppose.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    France and Ireland
    Posts
    2,938
    Reviews
    22

    Default

    Hey Westsidex, do you EVER talk about stuff that you know anything about?

    Ive yet to see it! This thread grooves you're an asshole!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,556
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    Hey Westsidex, do you EVER talk about stuff that you know anything about?

    Ive yet to see it! This thread grooves you're an asshole!
    :-(
    Westside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •