Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot physios in Cork?

The physio would probably say.. "wow, thats amazing, cos im "The Blankmann"..................... id say
    I'm a well hung chap, hung like a bastard says i.

Quote Originally Posted by allsorts View Post
    Sorry for the delay lads, Two years ago I tore my ACL with only a few remaining fibres. I need to break down the scar tissue and begin a rehab program so I can go back running.
    would you not be better having the acl replacment op?..i had mine replaced cartlidge removed and medial ligament all in one and was back playing football within 7 months...mine was completly torn.

thats no bastard good to him if he wants to go for a run tonight is it ~?

jesus h motherfucking christ.. ....................................................

Quote Originally Posted by wellhungchap View Post
    thats no bastard good to him if he wants to go for a run tonight is it ~?

jesus h motherfucking christ.. ....................................................
    but long term its a better plan...2 fucking years since he torn it

2 years ? you wouldnt get that for armed robbery .. if i was him, i would forget the running, and concentrate on screwing brassers.. his profile says he is from mayfield, so there are plenty up there to keep him busy.. chortle chortle

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wellhungchap For This Useful Post:

benin (30-08-10)

Blog Entries

Sorry for the delay lads, Two years ago I tore my ACL with only a few remaining fibres. I need to break down the scar tissue and begin a rehab program so I can go back running.
    Let it with me and i will ask someone who tore his. I have him on the net and he is in the US and is a top sports guy (a world record holder) so i will ask him. not sure how long it would take for him to get back.

I know for a fact that with ACL injuries you do strenthening exercises in the forward and backward range of motion first and then eventually the sideways range of motion.

Here is a mail he put up not long ago.

Had my first PT appointment yesterday. Here's what I'll be doing for my ACL for the weekend:

Standing leg curl - 3x15-20
    Standing knee-ups - 3x15-20
    Calf raises - 3x15-20
    Lying leg curl - 3x15-20
    Lying TKE - 3x15-20, 5sec hold
    Manual knee bends - 3x15-20

I will do these each day. No crutches inside at this moment when I walk but if I venture outside I have to use them just in case. As the PT told me this will not be a matter of strength but of paitence. I'm not that paitient.

I'm also doing Game Ready each day which is cold compression, same thing I've used for my forearms. Swelling is still there so I need to work that out. All in all everything is going well.

I will try and record my exercises as well as post a picture of the knee. Looks nice and black.

This is just after surgery. In your own case the tendons are healed and im assuming you have a full range of motion in the knee joint. As for what i said about ART im not sure about the ACL. Go to a good physio and see what he says. Ice it while your getting rehab done. you should be icing it about three times per day for about twenty mins each time.

Heres more than your man did next time.

Had my second PT appointment yesterday. Finally off the crutches, well I was off of them basically the second day after surgery, and have a decent range of motion.

Here's what I did:

Stability ball rolls(ROM) - x35
    Band Leg Curl - x30
    TKE - x30
    Squat on Total Gym(LOL, seriously) - x25reps
    Calf Raises - x40
    Free Squat - x20reps
    Leg Abd/Adduction/Flexion - x20ea

This was a good session. only 8 days after surgery and I got to squat. I'll be under a bar in no time. Okay, a little joking but actually, as soon as I can I will be high box squatting with a barbell.

I still have alot of medial pain but it's just something you have to work through. This workout left my knee pretty sore so I just did Game Ready the rest of the day. Will start lifting soon now that I can walk again. Swelling is still an issue so have to watch how much I do but it should be fine one way or another.

This will give you a starting point,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    would you not be better having the acl replacment op?..i had mine replaced cartlidge removed and medial ligament all in one and was back playing football within 7 months...mine was completly torn.
    No point because the tendons would be just as strong as they would be healed by now. an ACL replacement op would only create more scarring and weakness in an already scarred and weak area.

Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 30-08-10 at 16:30.

Blog Entries

Just mailed him. He might be a while before he is back but at least it will give you time to get started on rehab.

Westside.

Reviews

Why does deep tissue massage hurt so fucking much?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Why does deep tissue massage hurt so fucking much?
    Because everybody has minute micro trauma in their muscle fibres. They bind together causing tension. A good deep tissue massuse will apply enough pressure to force the fibres apart and cause the tension to go by realeasing the micro trauma.

The prob is with an area thats scarred the pressure usually isnt enough and this is where ART comes in. Its called Active Release Therapy. What is done is the muscles are put in their fullest stretch postion (or the position which exposes the injured area as much as possible) and the pressure applied like a regular deep tissue massge only prssure is also applied in the opposite direction which causes the scarred area to be forced open.

Westside.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast