Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: You guys told me Cork was friendly

Quote Originally Posted by scotus View Post
    Unlike Limerick, it is not necessary to view the city in a car rear-view mirror while heading out of town to view it at its best
    Naughty. I must admit, I have had dark thoughts about Cork, this afternoon. However I am now feeling much better, and am rather impressed with the quality of the er 'langers'.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Quote Originally Posted by wellhungchap View Post
    you have to be really careful around town. i always have a book of parking discs in my car for when i do going for the punt, deedin i do.

sorry to hear your car got towed.. they are total wankbags, and deserve to be tied up and the repeatedly kicked in the bolleex by someone like Ronan O Gara, or possibly that Ozzie bloke out of "The Simpsons", you know... the guy with the big boot, who the Oz Parliament wanted to kick Bart in the A hole.. yeah.. him....................... id say

Anything I could do to make you part with one of those discs? Deedin I could sorely use one, deedin I could, deedin I do. Deedin.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Naughty. I must admit, I have had dark thoughts about Cork, this afternoon. However I am now feeling much better, and am rather impressed with the quality of the er 'langers'.
    Just like one of the verses in the old Cork anti-recruiting song Salonika says:

"Don't ever marry a soldier, a sailor or a marine
    But marry a bold Sinn Feiner with his langer painted green"
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    So why has my car been towed? Why am I now getting a taxi to pay 160 fecking euros to Cork City Pound? Does fecking Karate work for the council? Pffft.
    you see for this its better for my not have car in ireland.......)))
    dont worry LUcy im joke sometimes its hapen......
    dont putt your nervous one that .....)
    Keep Calm and Call Batman

Just like one of the verses in the old Cork anti-recruiting song Salonika says:

"Don't ever marry a soldier, a sailor or a marine
    But marry a bold Sinn Feiner with his langer painted green"
    I like that, scotus. I think I may have to get a tattoo.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

scotus (26-08-10)

Quote Originally Posted by erika_loveforu View Post
    you see for this its better for my not have car in ireland.......)))
    dont worry LUcy im joke sometimes its hapen......
    dont putt your nervous one that .....)
    Laugh away, sister. LOL only joking. If anything can go wrong, it usually does, with me anyway. I have been hit with the unlucky stick.

Unlike Limerick, it is not necessary to view the city in a car rear-view mirror while heading out of town to view it at its best
    limerick aint near as bad as people try to make out and this is coming from a clare man
    dont be trying to put lucy offf lim,its prob the best chance i will get to meet her if she comes there

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by fishermansoul View Post
    Ouch, you were v unlucky, unless you parked somewhere obviously obstructive. Mostly its clamping and ticketing.
    Possibly your yellow number plate marked you out. No point ticketing an english reg.

There are a few relatively inexpensive car parks in the city, but I am not sure I would trust a really nice car to them. I keep discovering new dings on my door. There is a cheap one on Penrose Quay where you give them your keys. At the upper end there's one under the Clarion Hotel, your bmer would be safe there.
    Don't use the one at Penrose Quay. One of our suppliers is located in one of the buildings overlooking that carpark and when we go in to visit them, we always make a bet beforehand about how many cars will be dented in the 5 mins we wait. Good fun unless it is your car in there. Don't use that one.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    Don't use the one at Penrose Quay. One of our suppliers is located in one of the buildings overlooking that carpark and when we go in to visit them, we always make a bet beforehand about how many cars will be dented in the 5 mins we wait. Good fun unless it is your car in there. Don't use that one.
    I use that one quite often CP....no prob ... nice lads.....drive up and drop.... they park it for me...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    I use that one quite often CP....no prob ... nice lads.....drive up and drop.... they park it for me...
    JC, cool, it hasn't happened to your car, or it has, but hasn't been visible on the car. I can only comment on what I see with my own eyes when I'm up there. Take my advice or leave it, no problem for me.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast