Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Collins The Terrorist?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie6699 View Post
    Ahhhh the eternal debate what constitutes a terrorist.....

Not there actions but the outcome of those actions and how they shape the people who now view them. The big man is a hero in our eyes because he free'd Ireland from english rule. If he had failed and the other side had won he would be view'd as a commitor of attrocitys. The same is can be said of many hero's, If we look at William Wallice from a objective point of view he was a murdering mad man, but he got the job done so he is a hero.

But regardles of all that Collins killed intelagance/army officers and people ocupieing a country that they had no right to! So in my book hero!! They were given fair warning to get the f*^k out.
    William Wallace didn't get the job done.....they lost!

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    William Wallace didn't get the job done.....they lost!
    Lol im not even going to get into that debate, Wallace won, scotland lost because of politicians.

Reviews

Didn't Winston Churchill giving the idea of mustard gassing the Kurds to Sadaam Hussein?
    Last edited by Fran Tick; 24-08-10 at 22:32.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Fran Tick View Post
    Didn't Winston Churchill giving the idea of mustard gassing the Kurds to Sadaam Hussein?
    Didn't Churchill say he wished he could wipe Ireland off the map?? Everyone has a fit when the Iranians say it.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Didn't Churchill say he wished he could wipe Ireland off the map?? Everyone has a fit when the Iranians say it.
    Yes Churchill did play us but he was a poker player for his power "let play the orange card"..it was internal politics at westminister not a love of green or orange, we have to grow up it was power brokering ,and our island was just another seat
    a thousand kisses deep..

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Hardgear View Post
    Yes Churchill did play us but he was a poker player for his power "let play the orange card"..it was internal politics at westminister not a love of green or orange, we have to grow up it was power brokering ,and our island was just another seat
    I understand that. But certain journalists don't when It comes to Collins. Also, I'm not keen on placing our on modern morals on the past.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I understand that. But certain journalists don't when It comes to Collins. Also, I'm not keen on placing our on modern morals on the past.
    Have you ever trusted the integrity of a politician now or then???
    a thousand kisses deep..

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Hardgear View Post
    Have you ever trusted the integrity of a politician now or then???
    Stalin....with my life!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

As a lover of history ..I would just like to point out to Kevin that the men assassinated in their beds where spies,and played a dirty war ,we fought back and beat them at their game. By eradicating them we removed the biggest curse on our struggle for freedom ie removing them removed the little shites who took the kings shilling who informed....
    I hate hisory discussed here ..we as a nation have moved on I kissed a proddie today lol let Myers slowly dissolve while wanking to the act of union
    a thousand kisses deep..

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ric Hardgear For This Useful Post:

Jamie6699 (24-08-10), nicegirlsarenice (25-08-10)

Reviews

I wonder if this guy considers George Washington a terrorist? Collins and Richard Mulcahy basically invented modern guerilla warfare. Mulcahy doesn't really get the credit he deserves though. Maybe because he was on the anti-treaty side. Lloyd George labeled us terrorists because we were kicking ass and the British were no boy scouts either....that's for sure!

The main point is in war PEOPLE DIE!!! It's no more admiral shooting a man in a trench than it is shooting a man coming out of church. Alot of the men Collins killed had to die and in my eyes he is a hero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast