Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How many reputation points have you now?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    on the off chance ye dont know i have the top rep hurray......it means fcuk all i post cause i love it here and i hope i make some of ye smile(or better laugh)ever so often benny (e-i sniper cat)
    Don't let 'em get ya down Benin! Do whatever makes you a happy cat!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by erika_loveforu View Post
    well yestarday its give me the same some points but i dont think in this better have reputation like wat funny ore very important you posting
    i think this is reputation........

love of ERIKA
    Very true honey..I find you very funny, thats why I gave you rep points..PMSL.

Reviews

loads of em

good i find somebody wat its give the true one realy reputation
    you no James i like you.............)

love of ERIKA

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ERIKA LOVEFORU For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (18-09-10)

Reviews

I remember when this whole rep thing came out. Before that we had medals and badges. I personally think it’s an OKish idea. I was skeptical of the whole idea from the start but I wasn’t a frequent poster then. Now I am a frequent poster and I’m still skeptical. I think I put forward on the onset, that all the buddies will thank the buddies. Was I wrong….nope…all the buddies have thanked all the buddies. I personally am more pleased when a new or not so frequent poster gives me thanks. But do I resent my little shiney ones. No I’m human, and like to be liked…but the whole thing is a bit cliquish.

Benny disserves every bar he has in my opinion. He is a joy on these boards. He is always there with a witty comment. The max points you can get is 1500 (thanks Texas), that’s 11 bars, and to look at the leader board, (thanks Karin) the amount of rep bars is almost directly proportional to the amount of posts. So in a way it’s not QUITE accurate. (Benny being the exception. ), its more how often do you post.

I suppose it’s like the controversial TR system. If your post is answered or acknowledged by a big rep buddy you feel more of an accomplishment that your post was worthy. Likewise big rep buddies feel more accomplished that they are doing more of a service to the community. Me I don’t know where I stand. I tend to give thanks where I think a post is witty or funny or profoundly interesting. I tend not to do a willy nilly John Murphy on it.

Should it be abolished… no. But should members strive to gain points …also. no. I prefer a natural wit rather that a contrived to gain points wit. I tend to notice rep bars rather than base a judgment of post quality on them.

What happens when we all have full compliment like our Ben….What’s next….

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    Just wanna know how many everyone has and if ill ever get 12 bars as 11 looks all lop sided so whats yer rep score?

im 2601 at the moment by the way.
    I feel your pain. To have your aura in such an imbalance I will gladly help to rectify this I propose we all help Benny to reach this balance by making his bars even, lets say 10, 8 ,6 , this is not for me but for Benin ,who has cried out for a balance in his bars ,pls dont let the cat suffer
    Thankyou my fellow feline lovers
    Last edited by Ric Hardgear; 21-08-10 at 19:33.
    a thousand kisses deep..

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    I remember when this whole rep thing came out. Before that we had medals and badges. I personally think it’s an OKish idea. I was skeptical of the whole idea from the start but I wasn’t a frequent poster then. Now I am a frequent poster and I’m still skeptical. I think I put forward on the onset, that all the buddies will thank the buddies. Was I wrong….nope…all the buddies have thanked all the buddies. I personally am more pleased when a new or not so frequent poster gives me thanks. But do I resent my little shiney ones. No I’m human, and like to be liked…but the whole thing is a bit cliquish.

Benny disserves every bar he has in my opinion. He is a joy on these boards. He is always there with a witty comment. The max points you can get is 1500 (thanks Texas), that’s 11 bars, and to look at the leader board, (thanks Karin) the amount of rep bars is almost directly proportional to the amount of posts. So in a way it’s not QUITE accurate. (Benny being the exception. ), its more how often do you post.

I suppose it’s like the controversial TR system. If your post is answered or acknowledged by a big rep buddy you feel more of an accomplishment that your post was worthy. Likewise big rep buddies feel more accomplished that they are doing more of a service to the community. Me I don’t know where I stand. I tend to give thanks where I think a post is witty or funny or profoundly interesting. I tend not to do a willy nilly John Murphy on it.

Should it be abolished… no. But should members strive to gain points …also. no. I prefer a natural wit rather that a contrived to gain points wit. I tend to notice rep bars rather than base a judgment of post quality on them.

What happens when we all have full compliment like our Ben….What’s next….
    Think thats one of the most sensible things ive ever heard you say Jimbop, are you feeling alright?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Navillus04 View Post
    Think thats one of the most sensible things ive ever heard you say Jimbop, are you feeling alright?
    He used to say quite a lot of sensible things until I got here. In fact he was tottally boring! He's gonr the other way now.....he tries too hard!!

Reviews

I only read page 1 of this post cos I was wondering what the criteria for the reputation points were? if it has been answered earlier, apologies for the lazy post, BUT I wasn't sure if it was number of posts or how many "thank you" additions someone had to their posts. Or is it at the discretion of the management... on the basis of one's contribution to the forum...

Just wondering....

BLD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigladdub View Post
    I only read page 1 of this post cos I was wondering what the criteria for the reputation points were? if it has been answered earlier, apologies for the lazy post, BUT I wasn't sure if it was number of posts or how many "thank you" additions someone had to their posts. Or is it at the discretion of the management... on the basis of one's contribution to the forum...

Just wondering....

BLD
    Nothing to do with management or post count. You're correct, it's linked to the "thank you" and reputation function...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast