Thread: Friday the 13th

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Please no pics at the request of OP
    keep on Topic

We have Friday the 13th today
    Who is superstitious and living the day in fear
    Personally think tis all a load of aul Bollox

here's an idea, why not do a little research before making your post? Friday the 13th is traditionally a very LUCKY day. The Catholic church made it "unlucky" in a bid to overcome paganism. Again you have shot your bolt before you have seen the target, another vain attempt to bang up your post count.

How's that for staying on topic?

Reviews

[QUOTE=CrackShotJack;267999]here's an idea, why not do a little research before making your post? Friday the 13th is traditionally a very LUCKY day. The Catholic church made it "unlucky" in a bid to overcome paganism. Again you have shot your bolt before you have seen the target, another vain attempt to bang up your post count. How's that for staying on topic?/QUOTE]

Ber, you just got...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CrackShotJack View Post
    here's an idea, why not do a little research before making your post? Friday the 13th is traditionally a very LUCKY day. The Catholic church made it "unlucky" in a bid to overcome paganism. Again you have shot your bolt before you have seen the target, another vain attempt to bang up your post count.

How's that for staying on topic?
    That may be so but in modern society it is generally associated with bad luck and bad karma due to the films and press so Ber's question is quite valid, in fact your opinion would be in the minority..

In answer ber, no not superstitious, only superstition I tend to use regular but more anecdotally is the amount of Sparrows I spot as I drive along

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    That may be so but in modern society it is generally associated with bad luck and bad karma due to the films and press so Ber's question is quite valid, in fact your opinion would be in the minority..

In answer ber, no not superstitious, only superstition I tend to use regular but more anecdotally is the amount of Sparrows I spot as I drive along
    by that rational we should just use common misconceptions for guidelines regarding day to day life?

I'm sorry if this offends you Anon but the fact is this whole topic is flawed. Anyone with a screed of brainpower knows the true origin of Friday the 13th and to be honest I'm bloody sick of seeing ber's constant influx of ill informed spam-esque posting.

its just another day...but just in case i decided to carry a lucky rabbits foot(not sure how lucky the rabbit with 3 feet is feeling now)i would show ye a pic of a 3 legged rabbit but tis against the rules of this thread lol

Reviews

by that rational we should just use common misconceptions for guidelines regarding day to day life?

I'm sorry if this offends you Anon but the fact is this whole topic is flawed. Anyone with a screed of brainpower knows the true origin of Friday the 13th and to be honest I'm bloody sick of seeing ber's constant influx of ill informed spam-esque posting.
    I'm not offended, I know how you feel bud but you don't have to read it, as for the topic, it's just light hearted reading, not mensa stuff

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    its just another day...but just in case i decided to carry a lucky rabbits foot(not sure how lucky the rabbit with 3 feet is feeling now)i would show ye a pic of a 3 legged rabbit but tis against the rules of this thread lol
    I know exactly how he is feeling,

Ps, sorry ber but you didn't say no drawings

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I'm not offended, I know how you feel bud but you don't have to read it, as for the topic, it's just light hearted reading, not mensa stuff
    I see where you're coming from, but if it's so lighthearted what's the deal with all the rules?

I see where you're coming from, but if it's so lighthearted what's the deal with all the rules?
    ber got a bit of a sulk yesterday cause "someone" kept posting cat pics and going off topic but im sure he will be fine today(ahem)...now quick back on topic would anyone walk under a ladder today?

I am not a believer in the old superstitions, but I think the don't walk under ladders one is a pretty sensible one. The ones I don't understand are-

No new shoes on tables
    If you spill salt throw more over your shoulder
    Don't open an umbrella in the house
    All that crap magpies...

Any more you can remember?
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast