Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Esb to raise electricity prices by 5% - that's nice of them!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    facebook
    Posts
    1,110
    Reviews
    49

    Default Esb to raise electricity prices by 5% - that's nice of them!

    In a RECESSION. Heard this on liveline today. And their top man is on 750,000. Surely there is someone out there who would do the job for 100-150k and do a better job. How can growth be stimulated in the economy if taxes are due upwards in the forthcoming budget and now this?

    ESP

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,556
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espensen View Post
    In a RECESSION. Heard this on liveline today. And their top man is on €750,000. Surely there is someone out there who would do the job for €100-150k and do a better job. How can growth be stimulated in the economy if taxes are due upwards in the forthcoming budget and now this?

    ESP
    The candle is being burned from both ends and its only a matter of time before they meet. If these increases dont stop along with the cuts in the budget ,irrepairable damage will be done to this economy. Remember foreign companies are pulling out because we have become uncompetitive and too expensive.

    Westside.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espensen View Post
    In a RECESSION. Heard this on liveline today. And their top man is on €750,000. Surely there is someone out there who would do the job for €100-150k and do a better job. How can growth be stimulated in the economy if taxes are due upwards in the forthcoming budget and now this?

    ESP
    Seems to me like its all a game of lets suck people dry at the min but if your in the circle dont worry theres a fat bonus in for you to do it... this doesnt suprise me one bit ..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Dont get me started on this! lol Same everywhere!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    facebook
    Posts
    1,110
    Reviews
    49

    Default

    Is it possible to get your electricity from the north, switch over. I know you can do it with airtricity, but they are being affected too by the hike. N.I is exempt.

    ESP

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    330

    Default

    the levy is to help with making the energy greener !
    it will be used to offset the costs faced by electricity producers who must buy a certain amount of green electricity.
    it comes in october.
    as for the dude on 750,000 this cannot be justifed no-one in the public sector, semi-state should be paid more than 200,000
    in my view.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to texas For This Useful Post:

    Sensual Delights (09-08-10)

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I don't live on E-I ....
    Posts
    1,300
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    My biggest bills ever were from ESB.
    If I scan and show you here what ridiculous amounts I was paying in my old place, you'll see what I mean.

    I don't understand how can anybody pay between 400 and 650 per 2 months living in a 2 bed apartment with most appliences energy efficient I was always paranoid about this and I imagined I get billed somehow for some other neighbours as well.

    Haven't received in my new place a bill but I am very curious to see how much would it be.
    Last edited by Sensual Delights; 09-08-10 at 18:40.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,512
    Reviews
    5

    Default

    This is a complete joke,surely when the country was back on its feet they could have implemented but as usual they bring in these hikes when the country is in the shite...makes me sick...
    I have lived a life of regrets.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,556
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    This is a complete joke,surely when the country was back on its feet they could have implemented but as usual they bring in these hikes when the country is in the shite...makes me sick...
    I just cut back when these rises come along. F'them and i dont let them have their 5%. I just cook once in three days now and keep it all in the fridge and heat it in the microwave. Way better.

    Westside.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    where ever i may roam
    Posts
    4,872
    Reviews
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas View Post
    the levy is to help with making the energy greener !
    it will be used to offset the costs faced by electricity producers who must buy a certain amount of green electricity.
    it comes in october.
    as for the dude on 750,000 this cannot be justifed no-one in the public sector, semi-state should be paid more than 200,000
    in my view.
    the levy is to help make energy greener its the same thing with road tax ...oh it will get greener all right with all the companies leaving because its too expensive to stay here that asshole of a government wouldn't know there arse from there elbow ..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •