Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin O'Neill resigned

Martin ÒNeil threatened last week to quit if Ashley Young was sold so he is just sticking to his word, fair play to him.
    Martin is an old fashioned style of manager , a bit like Cloughie was.
    Still a wanted man though.

O’Neill is a winner, how’s he going to win things if a club keeps going over his head and selling their best players? He’s just right, either a manager has complete control over what goes on on the field or he doesn’t.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Reviews

Where does he go now,all the top jobs are taken....i have a feeling we won't be seeing Matin o'neil on the touchlines for a while....I think the UTD job is being kept for mourinho and if hodgson steadys the ship at pool he may never get a big job that he deserves...
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    Where does he go now,all the top jobs are taken....i have a feeling we won't be seeing Matin o'neil on the touchlines for a while....I think the UTD job is being kept for mourinho and if hodgson steadys the ship at pool he may never get a big job that he deserves...
    I honestly do think if the English FA are prepared to they may bite the bullet and pay off Capello (even though it will cost them over 10M) I’d say they’ll offer him the England job this time.

How can a man like O’Neill push a club like Villa into the big four if they become a club that just sells their top players?

I think also the problem was when Milner leaves I don’t think Villa were going to give O’Neill all of the money to buy other players.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    I honestly do think if the English FA are prepared to they may bite the bullet and pay off Capello (even though it will cost them over 10M) I’d say they’ll offer him the England job this time.

How can a man like O’Neill push a club like Villa into the big four if they become a club that just sells their top players?

I think also the problem was when Milner leaves I don’t think Villa were going to give O’Neill all of the money to buy other players.
    I heard that too,i'm sure some of the cash had to go into the americans backpocket...he had to makesome sort of profit out of it.....i hate the way these ppl are buying clubs to make a quick buck out of them...now villa are paying the price,they have agruably the best manager they have had in years all thanks to penny pinching....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12