Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Should energy drinks like Red Bull be banned?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by naughty_g5 View Post
    This is was wikipedia says.

Red Bull contains taurine, glucuronolactone, caffeine, B vitamins, sucrose and glucose.
    so does can of red bull
    Not sure about the glucuronolactone but the others wouldnt cause what red bull does unless there is some synergistic magic that happens. The ammounts must be very very high too.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    i still stand over that we do not know whats in them.

Westside.

If you go to a resturant in the morning, do you know exactly whats in the meal you get . Life is a lottery and for me its fun lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pablo_23 View Post
    I remember I took few times taurine as a sport supplement, it doesnt give as much kick as synthetic caffein in that kind of drinks.
    Taurine as a sport supplement is a waste of money. Better off eating a banana or something.

Westside.

Ps the ammount needed becomes to awkward and pricey frim what i have being told anyway.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (06-08-10)

Blog Entries

True but my point is we know whats in fags, pain killers and drink. We do not know whats in these energy drinks and i dont think we are being told either.

Westside.
    Westie, they're not mixing this stuff in the bath tub and selling it at the country fair you know..........

I'm sure a company that's turning over somewhere in the region of 3.5 billion euro may be regulated..............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post

If you go to a resturant in the morning, do you know exactly whats in the meal you get . Life is a lottery and for me its fun lol
    You dont but you dont eat that meal half the day either.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    Westie, they're not mixing this stuff in the bath tub and selling it at the country fair you know..........

I'm sure a company that's turning over somewhere in the region of 3.5 billion euro may be regulated..............
    I have no idea who makes red bull or whether they are a company in their own right or not.

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

True but my point is we know whats in fags, pain killers and drink. We do not know whats in these energy drinks and i dont think we are being told either.

Westside.
    Well i have a solution since ure of the belief tis such lethal stuff stop drinking it.
    Surely that cant be so difficult

Off to the lab
    Last edited by ber; 06-08-10 at 22:49.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

has anybody tried the similar versions like the tesco brand called KX, it used to be KICK but changed its name a few months ago, it looks the same colour can as a red bull, its about 80c for a can, it tastes horrible and i don't think it has the same effect as red bull. There are a few of them about, one called Enery or Energise or something similar, in a red and silver can, about 50c or 60c in tesco/dunnes, tastes ok, there's some u can get, like the Spar brand and the Bluebear or other similar brands, i don't think and have taken them and i dont think that they work as good as Red Bull.

Has anyone tried the Red Bull Shots? I tried them twice....they don't fucking work!!! €2.60 for a tiny shot and nothing happens!! Haven't tried the Lucozade shots or the similar shots yet.

Reviews

You dont but you dont eat that meal half the day either.

Westside.
    Westie old chum , i not arguing with you again this weekend (i learnt my lesson last weekend) but if you ban an energy drink whats next energy bars , nurofen , meal supplements the list goes on

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post

I have being told by a very realiable source from the US that he was on a visit to a very well known top supplement company , a regulated one and one of the ppl on the research team told him quietly "i wouldnt give my dog that stuff with all the shit thats in it." Those were his exact words to him. This company makes billions per year selling protein supps etc.

Sincerely,
    Westside.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast