Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiroshima Anniversary

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    There have been claims through the years that the American government knew that an attack was coming on Pearl Harbor
    but allowed it to happen to give themselves an excuse to enter the war.
    Much like the claims they knew 9/11 was coming.
    Last edited by An don; 06-08-10 at 22:54.

Reviews

Simpy put you do not fuck with america or they will fuck you up.....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    There have been claims through the years that the American government knew that an attack was coming on Pearl Harbor
    but allowed it to happen to give themselves an excuse to enter the war.
    There are conspiracy theories for everything......ask Westie. Most of them are bullshit of course.....espcially this one! Roosevelt sunk into depression after it and died a couple of years later. Look at the mans record! He's above reproach and most of all.....the Japanese fucking admitted it!!!!!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    I hope your joking.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    Possibly but its a fact that none of the American aircraft carriers which had the most stragetic value were docked in Pearl when the attack happened. Coincidence or what??
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by fishermansoul View Post
    The rationale that it saved more lives in the long run is an untestable hypothesis. The fact is that the US were routinely destroying Japanese cities with firebomb attacks for the previous six months.
    On March 10 1945 a firebomb attack on Tokyo killed 100,000 civilians. This is still the most destructive bombing raid in history.
    General LeMay and the air force in general was very focussed on efficiency. This it what the atomic bomb was to them, a way to increase bombing efficiency. The same results could be obtained with more planes, but that meant more losses. The race to build the atomic bomb was really a race to build and test it before the war was over. Thats why, when they dropped two bombs, they dropped two different kinds, a Uranium gun type weapon (Little Boy, Hiroshima) and a more sophisticated Plutonium implosion weapon, (Fat Man, Nagasaki).
    Just found out today that Nagasaki wasn't the original target. Amazing how so many lives can be altered because it was 'cloudy'.

Reviews

Something like 9/11 was going to happen sooner rather than later,they have made a lot of enemies out there......after all the suffering they have caused to some countries retaliation was always going to happen....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    I hope your joking.
    I dont have a since of humour

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fishermansoul View Post
    The rationale that it saved more lives in the long run is an untestable hypothesis. The fact is that the US were routinely destroying Japanese cities with firebomb attacks for the previous six months.
    On March 10 1945 a firebomb attack on Tokyo killed 100,000 civilians. This is still the most destructive bombing raid in history.
    General LeMay and the air force in general was very focussed on efficiency. This it what the atomic bomb was to them, a way to increase bombing efficiency. The same results could be obtained with more planes, but that meant more losses. The race to build the atomic bomb was really a race to build and test it before the war was over. Thats why, when they dropped two bombs, they dropped two different kinds, a Uranium gun type weapon (Little Boy, Hiroshima) and a more sophisticated Plutonium implosion weapon, (Fat Man, Nagasaki).
    I never said i agreed with it and like i said it was nothing more than the ultimate revenge for Pearl Harbour.

Westside.

Reviews

simple as this Pearl harbour was a military target , hiroshima wasnt

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast