Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Topic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigladdub View Post
    I don't know whether ANYONE agrees with me. I might know if the thread was not taken off topic.
    I think you're blowing this out of proportion here buddy. The thread wasn't closed or deleted, it's there for anyone to comment on it, or to bring it back on topic at any stage, including you. Just because there were further posts on it does not stop anyone giving their opinion on the original post..........

Infact, I would say quite the opposite. Without the extra posts I'd say your thread would have gotten less views, wouldn't have spent as long close to the top of the page as it did and would just have slipped further and further down with view or reply........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    I cant see any petty argument on here.

Westside.

You keep trying to bring this thread back to what happened saturday night.

Blog Entries

WestSide,

I take the broad point of your view, however, how do you think that qph (or any person) would have turned around and said, "ah yeah, I was wrong there, I will just admit it to the entire forum".... it just wouldn't happen.... If it did, he would never have any authority for the rest of his existance here....

BLD
    Well to answer that in all honesty i dont think anyone would have done it because it really wasnt a hujcaked or badly gone off topic thread. It could have easily being brought back on topic.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post

You keep trying to bring this thread back to what happened saturday night.
    Your misunderstanding me. I am only using that as an example because its the one freshest in my mind. There isnt any malice in my intentions at all here. Only using as an eg.

Westside.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

An don (04-08-10)

Reviews

I agree with west, if a thread is created and the original posters comment is answered I don't see the problem going off on a tangent about a topic that arose during the original point. Now if the thread creator has a problem with that all they have to do is post a reply to his original point or at least interact with the thread and they can't really complain if the do nothing at all.
    I do however have a problem with a serious topic going on a tangent with stupid pics and a general bantering match with no relevance to any points made within the original posts.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

ber (04-08-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I do however have a problem with a serious topic going on a tangent with stupid pics and a general bantering match with no relevance to any points made within the original posts.
    And this is the point of Bers original post

9. The Following User Says Thank You to An don For This Useful Post:

anon361 (04-08-10)

Blog Entries

how do you think that qph (or any person) would have turned around and said, "ah yeah, I was wrong there, I will just admit it to the entire forum".... it just wouldn't happen.... If it did, he would never have any authority for the rest of his existance here....

BLD
    Rubbish........

I've apologised to the forum loads of times here for issues when I thought I may have been wrong, I've even done it sometimes just for the sake of peace and a quiet life and JAMESCORK still pisses in his pants every time I post..........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

11. The Following User Says Thank You to luther For This Useful Post:

An don (04-08-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I agree with west, if a thread is created and the original posters comment is answered I don't see the problem going off on a tangent about a topic that arose during the original point. Now if the thread creator has a problem with that all they have to do is post a reply to his original point or at least interact with the thread and they can't really complain if the do nothing at all.
    Well the pics were getting out of hand alright (no offence Benny) and i also thought the same few slagging each other on threads was out of hand too but its none of my business and they could do what they like because there isnt a rule being broken although i can understand ppls frustration with it. However i think if someone wanted it to stop and asked for it to stop then that request should be respected.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    And this is the point of Bers original post
    Sorry Ber, I'll make sure your credited in the second print run..

Blog Entries

By the way guys can you see how smoothly things are discussed and getting places when the them vs us stuff is removed?

Westside.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast