Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why was my last thread moved to soap

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Unless you take an hour plus, you are not getting session timed out and the review gets to us. That is what the logging found and it was monitored for over a month to check that was the only issue preventing a review being submitted.
    Sorry now, and I know you will take no notice and continue under the impression your tech team are "uber mega" - but this is rubbish!!! This is a classic problem that has been around in various guises for a lot longer than websites or HTTP. There are numerous techniques for dealing with this. This is really entry level stuff here, there's no alchemy or rocket science involved.

In another thread where you actually asked me for specifics, which I supplied and you ignored, I mentioned REST (Representational State Transfer) which is just one (currently very popular) method for dealing with this problem. That, you can have for free!
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

Reviews

Ok so 2 threads were created at same time by 2 people, but you didn't need to create 2 threads yourself did you? Or did you not know of your earlier one at the time you created 2nd one? ;-P

Dont be making me out to be the stupid one at all, i dont pay wests wages

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by punterminator View Post
    Sorry now, and I know you will take no notice and continue under the impression your tech team are "uber mega" - but this is rubbish!!!
    No actually it is not. I saw all the logs myself.

Reviews

No actually it is not. I saw all the logs myself.
    Patricia as I said in the other thread, I'm out. I know you don't see it this way but I am genuinely trying to help you but I know it's pointless to continue with you.
    I will leave you with this though and please have a think about it and take it as advice not criticism. I'm not sure what logs you are seeing or what you think they mean but trust me, I really do know what I'm talking about here. There is a grain of truth to what your guys are telling you, insofar as long idle periods and flakey client side connections cause problems as HTTP is a stateless protocol (simply, it does not keep track of sequences of events). However, if you only take away one thing that I say, take this. It is a well understood problem and there are MANY techniques for dealing with it.

I know that if your guys could just grasp this so may issues here like reviews not being submitted, the random nature of the login state between the board and the site (having to visit the message board before your favourites show up???) and many others I just can't think of now would be gone...

Just ask them, why do these problems not effect other larger and more complex sites? Why is it an EI issue? What are you doing that is so unique?
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to punterminator For This Useful Post:

marijuana (02-08-10)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12