Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Only in Ireland could you build a Superb Stadium

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Hardgear View Post
    EMMM I have access to corparate seats....sometimes through work..but my tradition is supporting my team and will que up if i dont avail of tickets through my business contacts
    Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    I know you were on a rant and we all do it from time to time . But not all corporate people are scum ,I have premium level seats in croker which i share amongst my customers if my county arent involved but they still go to genuine supporters .
    My rant over lol
    I'm not saying anything against queuing up to get tickets to follow your team or to get corporate tickets to follow your team. I'm talking about 2/3 of tickets not going to supporters of the teams involved. I see it almost every year, some team has gone to a final in the EL or the EC or Heineken Cup etc. Now how many of those 20k or 30k supporters that travelled to Macedonia or Ukraine or Turkey etc. will get a ticket to the final they get into? Perhaps half and that is simply not acceptable in my eyes, when 2/3 of the tickets go to the "corporate scum" as I call them. Now I understand it is different for Croker, seeing as it is GAA, again, and it is kept within the isle, but Lansdowne is a different beast here. They will do soccer and rugby matches and soccer is absolutely rife with this kind of crap. 45 euro to 85 euro to see an airtricity select 11 against a Man Utd 11 warm up match.
    WTF???

I should probably clarify, this has got nothing to do with the stirium having 3 or 4 sides. As long as it serves it purpose, I doubt how many sides it has is important.
    Last edited by corkpunter; 31-07-10 at 23:14. Reason: Can't spell for shit.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    I should probably clarify, this has got nothing to do with the stirium having 3 or 4 sides. As long as it serves it purpose, I doubt how many sides it has is important.
    But that was the point of my thread , there is only three sides seating and a big glass wall that seats about 500
    Last edited by An don; 31-07-10 at 23:20.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    But that was the point of my thread , there is only three sides seating and a big glass wall that seats about 500
    Ok, sorry for taking the thread off topic. So how many games each year will this new stadium be sold out, as it stand now? In your view.

Reviews

You didnt take it off topic in fairness to you but my point is that a extra 10000 seats wouldnt be stretching the selling out idea . Thats why i said it was a compromise between the organisations the irfu will sell it out for every game at higher attendance and i doubt the fai will sell it out if it had higher attendance for every fixture.(i dont even think they will see out the current attendance for all their fixtures)

I was told tonight the tickets for international soccer games are now to be sold in blocks of 6 games. it is set to cost €500+ a pop. Can anybody confirm or deny this

Blog Entries

That sucks. I use to live a couple blocks from Croke Park and was able to place winning bets at the bookies because I was able to observe the fans before the match and tell who was going to win or lose; Inner City Dublin had buzz about it when the matches were on at the Croker, sorry to hear there won't be anymore matches there

i seemed a bit sterile, nothing like the old landsdowne, even crowd werent gettin into it .shame

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kamn101 View Post
    i seemed a bit sterile, nothing like the old landsdowne, even crowd werent gettin into it .shame
    it was a great chance yesterday for the IRFU to show off there brand new stadium and as usual they cocked up, as a steward supervisor told me "this was only a test to see if everything works, he was very disappointed with the entrances and the fact that they did not move the site up another 300 to 400 hundred metres and they could have made a proper job of the terrace,

Reviews

unreal i read the daily newspapers on sunday and they were paying glowing tributes to the new stadium and the day in general, that is it never believe a word you read lol

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RodeoMan View Post
    unreal i read the daily newspapers on sunday and they were paying glowing tributes to the new stadium and the day in general, that is it never believe a word you read lol

too true and i heard some official from either fai/irfu on radio (cant remember which) was saying how the attendance was adeqate

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast