Thread: Ever meet anyone famous and not realise it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Yeah i nearly knocked Richard Harris over in Dingle while he walked out of a pub. The man should have watched where he was going. Bumping into Westside like that. It was only when he was gone up the road it dawned on me that he looked like a famous actor.

he was around again next night,
    Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Yeah i nearly knocked Richard Harris over in Dingle while he walked out of a pub. The man should have watched where he was going. Bumping into Westside like that. It was only when he was gone up the road it dawned on me that he looked like a famous actor.

he was around again next night,
    Westside.
    did he at least have the manners to ask you for your autograph the second night westie?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    did he at least have the manners to ask you for your autograph the second night westie?
    Nope i didnt,
    Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Nope i didnt,
    Westside.
    you mean he asked but you did not give it?..proper order who does he think he is?

Reviews

I worked in the entertainment industry for years and met literally hundreds of so called stars.

Jack from coronation street was one of the funniest and Pat Kenny has to be the biggest wanker of them all.

I was in a restaurant in Dublin after a U2 concert and there was Bono with a few friends sitting in the corner.
    He went to the Jacks so i followed like a fecking eegit straining to have a piss.
    Got chatting and asked if the misses could have her photo with him.
    I told him i had met him previous through work which i had and he agreed.
    He came over to the table after a few minutes and had a chat so out came the camera.
    He called over a buddy who took the pic. Shook hands said thanks and all that.
    When they were leaving he came over and said here's a story for you about that pic.
    It maybe be Bono in the pic but it was Bruce Springsteen that took it.

Well fuck me if i had known i would got Bono to take the pic and given Bruce a big fecking hug..
    Blinded by the lights i think.

Reviews

I'd been working concert security a few years ago in the summertime over in the U.S., and Greenday and Blink 182 came through on tour. i was working the side gates, the one access point for the main area to the back stage area. Just as they were starting to let people come in, Mark from Blink 182 comes up to me, and asks if there was any way he could get one of our security shirts (they were this horrible bright yellow colour). i look at him for a few seconds before I realised it was who I thought it was.

So I take him over to the security office with him, they recognise him as well and give him a shirt. Then, he goes and stands right next to our other guys that are posted right in front of the stage with the shirt on, and puts on a baseball cap which he wore low on his head. He stood there, in front of literally thousands of people who had come there to see him, and it took at least 30 minutes before anyone recognized him!

Reviews

I met Bono at a wedding about 10 years ago. Before he could ask I gave him my autograph and for once the silly fucker had nothing to say!
    Last edited by Monkeynut; 26-07-10 at 14:39.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkeynut For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (26-07-10)