Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Higgins dies.....

I grew up watching him play..and I'm not a snooker fan. He was a truly charismatic man surrounded by a very mixed crowd. Unfortunately.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

benin (24-07-10)

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    I grew up watching him play..and I'm not a snooker fan. He was a truly charismatic man surrounded by a very mixed crowd. Unfortunately.
    why do so many of the world greats end like he did...thinking about george best now...they both had the world at there feet and both pressed the self destruct button...such a shame

4. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (24-07-10)

From what I have seen it has to do with a certain media crowd getting their hands on you and not caring whether you are mentally strong enough to take the pressure. In the case of Alex Higgins, I was watching his doctor appeal for teeth implants for him so that he could eat solid food. I hope his supposed 'friends' have an excellent nights sleep tonight.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    why do so many of the world greats end like he did...thinking about george best now...they both had the world at there feet and both pressed the self destruct button...such a shame
    I think a lot of those ppl are surrounded by yes men..nobody ever hauls them in if they step out of line....maradonna was another that came very close to dying once before
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

From what I have seen it has to do with a certain media crowd getting their hands on you and not caring whether you are mentally strong enough to take the pressure. In the case of Alex Higgins, I was watching his doctor appeal for teeth implants for him so that he could eat solid food. I hope his supposed 'friends' have an excellent nights sleep tonight.
    You have to hit rock bottom to find out who your'e true friends are......some ppl are like leeches.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to aml For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (24-07-10)

to be fair the likes of ken doherty stood by him for years...he organised a lot of fund raisers for him...but your right a lot more could have helped...but as in life most ppl think money they own is more important that ppl they can help

10. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (24-07-10)

to be fair the likes of ken doherty stood by him for years...he organised a lot of fund raisers for him...but your right a lot more could have helped...but as in life most ppl think money they own is more important that ppl they can help
    Fair comment re Ken Doherty, but that man should have been a millionaire many times over. I remember some very sad stories of his post -career life in Manchester. He was badly served by the people who should have looked after him. Luckily, his suffering is at an end, and I for one sincerely hope he enjoyed his hell raising days.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

benin (24-07-10)

Reviews

Fair comment re Ken Doherty, but that man should have been a millionaire many times over. I remember some very sad stories of his post -career life in Manchester. He was badly served by the people who should have looked after him. Luckily, his suffering is at an end, and I for one sincerely hope he enjoyed his hell raising days.
    He paid the ultimate price in the end like so many others that go down that road...

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    He paid the ultimate price in the end like so many others that go down that road...
    yea but we all pay that price at some stage ..have to hope he enjoyed the early days

Reviews

yea but we all pay that price at some stage ..have to hope he enjoyed the early days
    Some ppl generally have longer lives,some not all that go down that route live fast,die young...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast