Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Football transfers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Deep down in the E-I dungeon
    Posts
    11,634
    Reviews
    29

    Default Football transfers

    It looks like all the panic about Liverpool having no money isn't having an impact on transfers. They have bought Joe Cole on a free of course but he must be on big wages. They also signed Milan Jovanic on a free. And paid 5million for Rangers defender Danny Wilson and are lined with French striker Loic Remy. Gerrard is now staying and will have a point to prove after a poor season with club and country. Torres will probably stay. There doesn't look to be much wrong at Liverpool now and they will regain their 4th spot and maybe even higher.

    Moneys having an impact at Utd as Ferguson said he's happy with his squad. Surely that can't be true. Both Utd and Arsenal missed out on a good signing in Joe Cole.

    I see Eduardo is leaving Arsenal for Shakhtar Donetsk. I bet there won't be any replacement for him. And theres no truth to Schwarzer moving to Arsenal it seems.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,512
    Reviews
    5

    Default

    According to reports today one of the major clubs are interested in remy,we have been linked to him in the past and with edurado leaving it looks like he will bw coming to the gunners in the next week or two.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Deep down in the E-I dungeon
    Posts
    11,634
    Reviews
    29

    Default

    I hope your right. But hope that spurs aren't interested in him and them seen as a major club

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,512
    Reviews
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    I hope your right. But hope that spurs aren't interested in him and them seen as a major club
    Spurs are interested in any player but they have been linked with the player along with west ham and liverpool...i think the report meant the big three,man u are out cause they have no money and i think anchelloti daid chelsea are done in the transfer market.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    FLUFFY END OF TOWN
    Posts
    36,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    I hope your right. But hope that spurs aren't interested in him and them seen as a major club
    now i know ye both are arsenal fans (im united) but there is no need to pull the piss calling spurs a big club...last season was a blip

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,512
    Reviews
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    now i know ye both are arsenal fans (im united) but there is no need to pull the piss calling spurs a big club...last season was a blip
    Spurs think they are a big club but i agree that last season was only a blip......
    Last edited by aml; 20-07-10 at 23:22.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,086
    Reviews
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    now i know ye both are arsenal fans (im united) but there is no need to pull the piss calling spurs a big club...last season was a blip
    Arsenal need to buy big this season they need a keeper a couple more defenders and if Cesc Fabregas stays his head won't be in it.Man Utd have been getting weaker for years now.They have never replaced Keane Rio Ferdinand is over rated their midfield is weak.Spurs might not be a big club and i do agree with that but at least we are getting stronger.Cole was a great signing for liverpool but they have problems too.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,512
    Reviews
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spur View Post
    Arsenal need to buy big this season they need a keeper a couple more defenders and if Cesc Fabregas stays his head won't be in it.Man Utd have been getting weaker for years now.They have never replaced Keane Rio Ferdinand is over rated their midfield is weak.Spurs might not be a big club and i do agree with that but at least we are getting stronger.Cole was a great signing for liverpool but they have problems too.
    You are right that we have to spend some money but one thing that spurs have over the other teams is that they have great strength in depth.....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Not true Highway, United after Italian bor Nigerian Mario Bellatoli as are City. Fergie says taht his squad is good but looking at last seasons with the amount of injuries he knows he has to stregthen. Talks of Bebatoss going to Bremen and Ozil coming teh other way is still on the crads.

    Villa set to sign McGeady for 10 mil and maybe even Robbie Keane. Martin Jol also intrested in brining Irish Captain to Fullham as well as Ibrahimovic.

    As regards Joe Cole, great piece of business for the Pool but he isnt the same player he once was. His injuries have taken there toll and he wont be able to fly up and down teh wings as he did for Chelsea.
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    It looks like all the panic about Liverpool having no money isn't having an impact on transfers. They have bought Joe Cole on a free of course but he must be on big wages. They also signed Milan Jovanic on a free. And paid 5million for Rangers defender Danny Wilson and are lined with French striker Loic Remy. Gerrard is now staying and will have a point to prove after a poor season with club and country. Torres will probably stay. There doesn't look to be much wrong at Liverpool now and they will regain their 4th spot and maybe even higher.



    Moneys having an impact at Utd as Ferguson said he's happy with his squad. Surely that can't be true. Both Utd and Arsenal missed out on a good signing in Joe Cole.

    I see Eduardo is leaving Arsenal for Shakhtar Donetsk. I bet there won't be any replacement for him. And theres no truth to Schwarzer moving to Arsenal it seems.
    First off im a liverpool, but to think all is well just coz we got Joe Cole on free a long with Jovanic and we only paid 2 million 4 willson the rest is on how many games he plays, Spurs,Man City,Villa,Arsenal,Utd, all have better sides than Liverpool right now and will stay the same till the club is sold we have new owners and a new ground is bulid,Plus Roy is only a stop gap manager till new owners come in i really dont think 4th is going to happen and if we miss out on Cl football and CL money again i really fear for the club,Them yanks have run the club in too the ground.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •