Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Common Sense at last

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    I couldn't agree more we have to look after the ppl in our own country first.
    LOL i have being saying this for the last six years and have being called everything for a racist to a facist.

Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    LOL i have being saying this for the last six years and have being called everything for a racist to a facist.

Westside.
    yes i can imagine you were...but the world has changed (i hope) we cant pay ppl to fly in and fuck off with money while irish are unable to feed themselves...that said there are lots of ppl from outside ireland that worked hard while jobs were there ...we cant turn our backs on them

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post

Westside.
    Its all about survival these days.. and i hope my post isn't taken as being racist but it wasn't intended to at all i am saying that the ppl of this country have to be top priority in this country...for the time being at least.
    Last edited by aml; 15-07-10 at 22:46.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aml For This Useful Post:

kelly curvybabe (16-07-10)

Reviews

In 2004, I was looking for a job in a FAS office. It was the day after they allowed the influx
    of polish etc. It was thronged in there. I reckon it was a mistake to allow an influx of labour
    like that-that boom should have been for Irish workers first! same mistake in UK, just cos a
    few hotels couldn't get staff-where are them hotels now? All the excess housing we have was related
    to this wave of labour-i'm gettin' tired now...
    Last edited by warmcome; 15-07-10 at 22:54.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    In 2004, I was looking for a job in a FAS office. It was the day afte they allowed the influx
    of polish etc. It was thronged in there. I reckon it was a mistake to allow an influx of labour
    like that-that boom should have been for Irish workers first! same mistake in UK, just cos a
    few hotels couldn't get staff-where are them hotels now. All the excess housing we have was related
    to this wave of labour-i'm gettin' tired now...
    Yeah then does anyone remember the "irish need not apply" placards...what a way to treat your countrymen and the goverment just watched and did nothing.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    Its all about survival these days.. and i hope my post isn't taken as being racist but it wasn't intended to at all i am saying that the ppl of this country have to be top priority in this country...for the time being at least.
    The pity is that this wasnt sorted out when times were good, but outgoings were small and now when the demand is great the system is under severe pressure its harder to make adjustments.
    While I am aggresively against fraudelent or overclaiming i also feel in these hard times its not fair to some people the lenght of time its taking to process genuine claims
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Why do civil liberty groups have problems with social security id cards?
    What exact civil liberty is it going to ruin? I never understood this to be honest.
    I have no problem having to carry one just like you have to have your drivers licence in the car with you.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    The pity is that this wasnt sorted out when times were good, but outgoings were small and now when the demand is great the system is under severe pressure its harder to make adjustments.
    While I am aggresively against fraudelent or overclaiming i also feel in these hard times its not fair to some people the lenght of time its taking to process genuine claims
    I think the ppl at the top were too stupid or blind...they never saw it coming they thought we could keep buliding houses that no-one could afford they were blinded by large profits and they thought this "celtic tiger" would never end.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mymisters View Post
    Why do civil liberty groups have problems with social security id cards?
    What exact civil liberty is it going to ruin? I never understood this to be honest.
    I have no problem having to carry one just like you have to have your drivers licence in the car with you.
    They are trying to say its then thin end of the wedge to be used as a National ID card,
    but Eamon o Cuiv made it plain that it is for social welfare purposes only and the Gardai
    have no authority whatsover to ask u to produce it
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    They are trying to say its then thin end of the wedge to be used as a National ID card,
    but Eamon o Cuiv made it plain that it is for social welfare purposes only and the Gardai
    have no authority whatsover to ask u to produce it
    I heard it is also replacing the travelcard as well...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast