Quote Originally Posted by TheNads View Post
If Mr.Callely worked in the private sector he'd be fired, maybe the Garda would get involved & probably not get employment again for a very long time. I know of someone who squirreled away over €100k of her bosses € over a few yrs & will be sentenced later in the Summer.
There is no precedent in this country to actually get the Gardai involved, which should happen. He's stolen our money by fraudulantly claiming & should be arrested. But even the opposition won't call for this because it would set the precedent for all the snouts in our trough.
Rise up I say, storm the gates & only then will they bother to lift their snouts & even take notice.
As Fatty Harney said before ............... the electorate have the attention span of a goldfish. Give them a bit of Corrie, some reality shite, a bit of celeb gossip & they'll not be too bothered when you're removing their underwear.
You are right if ivor callahy was removed a lot more would be as well.I can never understand how our polictions,some of the highest paid in the world are entitled to these large expenses...surely when we went in to recession these should have been suspended indefinately.