Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Road Tragedy in Donegal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Funny you mention it because a guy i know is in hospital right now because of drink driving. Himself and the driver were both drunk and i hear he is all the victim and hoping to get compo.
    That's exactly the sort of thing I mean. Remember when you were a kid they'd always be that nasty little bully who wouldn't shoplift himself, but he'd make other people go steal things for him, or something along those lines? I see that with drink driving today. There are people who won't drink drive themselves, as they don't want to risk their licence etc, but will practically bully their mates into doing it just to get a free lift for themselves. Then when there is an accident, they think they are a victim? It pisses me off.

I've a friend whose son had a drink drive accident when he was about 18 with three of his mates. Very luckily for them, nobody was seriously hurt, but the car was written off, and then the three friends sued the driver for various injuries etc. There was four of them got in that car and it was the driver's mates encouraging him to take them for a spin when he didn't really even want to go out, but only one person paid a price, though luckily it was only financial.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    That's exactly the sort of thing I mean. Remember when you were a kid they'd always be that nasty little bully who wouldn't shoplift himself, but he'd make other people go steal things for him, or something along those lines? I see that with drink driving today. There are people who won't drink drive themselves, as they don't want to risk their licence etc, but will practically bully their mates into doing it just to get a free lift for themselves. Then when there is an accident, they think they are a victim? It pisses me off.

I've a friend whose son had a drink drive accident when he was about 18 with three of his mates. Very luckily for them, nobody was seriously hurt, but the car was written off, and then the three friends sued the driver for various injuries etc. There was four of them got in that car and it was the driver's mates encouraging him to take them for a spin when he didn't really even want to go out, but only one person paid a price, though luckily it was only financial.
    I dont think anyone who is drunk (or sober) and gets into a car with a drunk driver should be compensated.They dont deserve it. If they killed someone they couldnt bring that person back.

Westside.

Reviews

Just to clarify, are we sure it was the overloaded vehicle that caused the accident or are we just assuming because it was overloaded and full of teenagers / young lads?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post

A similar thing like that happened to someone i know.Nobody was seriously hurt but they brought him to court over 'mental anguish'.Needless to say they have never spoken to each other again.You really find out who your true friends are in those circumstanses.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Just to clarify, are we sure it was the overloaded vehicle that caused the accident or are we just assuming because it was overloaded and full of teenagers / young lads?
    According to the link it says that this car made contact first if im reading it right.

Westside.

Reviews

I wasn't aware that any names had been released to the public or are we simply tarring one group with the same brush.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    I wasn't aware that any names had been released to the public or are we simply tarring one group with the same brush.
    Their ages was realesed..

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    According to the link it says that this car made contact first if im reading it right.

Westside.
    Thanks, hadn't read that article, the one I read wasn't very clear on that point.

awful news. May they rest in peace. God bless xx

Reviews

Having driven in this country for 28 years it amazes me that more people arent killed - the standard of driving is crap and despite all the EU money we still have far too many poxy roads.

Blog Entries

I don't think we are sure of anything regards this crash yet. Sorry I may have been going a little off topic.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast