Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MeathVLouth : U watchin?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    you said earlier you did not watch it...how do you know all this?
    Boardroom chit chat, I'm not qualified to make a decsion myself, just learning from you guys and listening to what I am being told, doesn't efect me really either way, I would always be in favour of the fair outcome even if that ment Louth being awarded the game but I would still like to be sure it was the fair decision..

Taking ALL factors into account and not just the last one..

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    But when you start analysing a game and saying one decision was wrong it is equally as wrong to exclude all the other bad decisions that did effect the score within the SAME game..
    U have decisions that are game defining same as u have decisions that are life defining, u cant compare decisions made during
    a game to a decision made on the stroke of full time which allowed no time to recover. If for argument sake it happened in the first half it would have a totally different bearing on the game
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    U have decisions that are game defining same as u have decisions that are life defining, u cant compare decisions made during
    a game to a decision made on the stroke of full time which allowed no time to recover. If for argument sake it happened in the first half it would have a totally different bearing on the game
    But thats the bit I don't understand, why should it be the only factor, surely a bad decision mid way is the same as a bad decision at the end, so if your going to overturn the refs last bad decision and give louth the win surely you should also overturn his other 3 decisions that gave louth points and give it back to meath again..

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    But thats the bit I don't understand, why should it be the only factor, surely a bad decision mid way is the same as a bad decision at the end, so if your going to overturn the refs last bad decision and give louth the win surely you should also overturn his other 3 decisions that gave louth points and give it back to meath again..
    No i played enough of this game to know the twists and turns a game can take, for instance a bad decision against a team if they have time to recover often spurs them on to greater effort and can be a negative for the team that got the decision, there is a saying in the game that goals win games and often decisions regarding goals have a huge bearing on a game because they are a major score .So muh of the game is about mental strenght aswell as ability and the pattern of a game can dictate how players respond.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

anon361 (12-07-10)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234