Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MeathVLouth : U watchin?

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Infairness ber, I wouldn't blame the players either, both sides played a game, on the day I believe (didn't watch) louth were the better side but couldn't convert that into scores so maybe they weren't that great but the only person you can blame is the ref for his decision..
    and the tool that rolled over the line and threw the ball ..and the umpires and maybe brian cowen...i think he should shoulder some blame for this aswell

Reviews

You could also blame the louth player at his back pushing him over and then kicking him in the face to seal the deal, if he was still kicking thinking the ball was still in play why would the same benefit of doubt not be given to the meath player for thinking it was still in play and not over the line??

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Infairness ber, I wouldn't blame the players either, both sides played a game, on the day I believe (didn't watch) louth were the better side but couldn't convert that into scores so maybe they weren't that great but the only person you can blame is the ref for his decision..
    Well the thing is on a personal level i know because i played enough ,if u dont feel u won the game fairly on the field of play
    it totaly loses its value and im sure in the cold light of day the Meath players will feel this way
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Well the thing is on a personal level i know because i played enough ,if u dont feel u won the game fairly on the field of play
    it totaly loses its value and im sure in the cold light of day the Meath players will feel this way
    I think we all would feel the same way, but it's not as cut and dry, is their some confusion that if the goal wasn't allowed it should have been a penalty anyway

You could also blame the louth player at his back pushing him over and then kicking him in the face to seal the deal, if he was still kicking thinking the ball was still in play why would the same benefit of doubt not be given to the meath player for thinking it was still in play and not over the line??
    ammm he threw the ball into the net...its not basketball what doubt can we give him the benefit of?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I think we all would feel the same way, but it's not as cut and dry, is their some confusion that if the goal wasn't allowed it should have been a penalty anyway
    No it wasnt a penalty, analysis showed that, but for the inital ball played in there was a Meath player in the square and should have been a free out and all this could have been avoided
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    ammm he threw the ball into the net...its not basketball what doubt can we give him the benefit of?
    Were Louth not allowed 3 frees (at least) where they didn't actually deserve them which can clearily be seen on the screen as wrong decisions and on the 3 occasions they put the ball over the bar, not a word about those decisions??

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Were Louth not allowed 3 frees (at least) where they didn't actually deserve them which can clearily be seen on the screen as wrong decisions and on the 3 occasions they put the ball over the bar, not a word about those decisions??
    The difference is they were interpretation and werent actual game defining decisions,if u want to nit pick in the semi-final
    meath fouled the ball in the lead up to 3 of their five goals . u will always have iffy decisions in every game but itswhen they are totally obvious and game defining the problem arises
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

you said earlier you did not watch it...how do you know all this?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    The difference is they were interpretation and werent actual game defining decisions,if u want to nit pick in the semi-final
    meath fouled the ball in the lead up to 3 of their five goals . u will always have iffy decisions in every game but itswhen they are totally obvious and game defining the problem arises
    But when you start analysing a game and saying one decision was wrong it is equally as wrong to exclude all the other bad decisions that did effect the score within the SAME game..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast