Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosney asylum seekers

Quote Originally Posted by pussyposse View Post
    Eh,

maybe I've got this wrong but Irish people moaning about economic migrants using every trick under the sun is a bit fresh, We wrote the book.

People come here to try to better their lives and are only doing what the Irish have been doing for centuries.

Asylum seekers are not allowed work, so are forced to live on what we give them . their representatives have pleaded with us to allow them work whilst their cases are heard and we refuse.

as for milking the system, take a walk around Kilburn high street or birmingham and look at all the Irish waiting for their giro

Irish Migration to england was econmic in every sense of the word we did not claim asylum in britain
    Just because a minority of Irish may have scammed british social welfare in 1980s
    does not give an econmnic migrant the right to turn up in 2010 and claim he/she is a political refugee
    Thats like saying mr brown robbed mr greens dog 30 years ago so now mr white can rob mr Browns TV

As for giving them the right to work, are you seriously suggesting that anyone can come off a plane
    claim asylum and then be issued with a work permit? Do you understand what this means?

Please report to FAS for a debating and pointing making course.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    Years ago when the celtic tiger was roaring like the demented over-bloated ravenous beast that he was, I predicted that construction units and house prices could not possibly continue to go in the direction that they were headed.......it was totally unsustainable because the salary increases that would have been required so that ordinary working people could afford a chicken coup would have made the Irish economy and production costs even more uncompetitive then they eventually became. I suspected that when the shit hit the fan and a major recession swelled the numbers of the unemployed, that migrants, asylum seekers etc would be targeted amongst those who were held to blame for this situation. It's not the asylum seekers that got us into this mess, it was the greed of the gobshite classes who run the show. Hitting out at asylum seekers makes about as much sense as blaming the old and the sick for the cost of the health service, the poor and the unemployment for the cost of the social welfare system and children for the cost of the education system. When you start to scape goat people who are different because they are easy to target, you are making yourself fellow travelers of Le Pen and Hitler.

NO ones saying the asylum seekers caused the econmic problem
    I was opposed in 2000 to the scam
    The fundmentaly fact is as I have shown in links from Justice ministers in previous posts is
    "the vast majority of Asylum seekers are econmic migrants" and are scamming the political asylum system at your expense
    The system is broken and has had serious econmic and social costs for your republic of 4 million souls
    To question this and be called a NAZI beggars belief.
    I turn it around and say the people how have shoved mass immigration on the Irish people are the real NAZIS
    I wonder if we had a referendum on the matter what the people would say

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    Years ago when the celtic tiger was roaring like the demented over-bloated ravenous beast that he was, I predicted that construction units and house prices could not possibly continue to go in the direction that they were headed.......it was totally unsustainable because the salary increases that would have been required so that ordinary working people could afford a chicken coup would have made the Irish economy and production costs even more uncompetitive then they eventually became. I suspected that when the shit hit the fan and a major recession swelled the numbers of the unemployed, that migrants, asylum seekers etc would be targeted amongst those who were held to blame for this situation. It's not the asylum seekers that got us into this mess, it was the greed of the gobshite classes who run the show. Hitting out at asylum seekers makes about as much sense as blaming the old and the sick for the cost of the health service, the poor and the unemployment for the cost of the social welfare system and children for the cost of the education system. When you start to scape goat people who are different because they are easy to target, you are making yourself fellow travelers of Le Pen and Hitler.
    not one of your best posts Carlos surprised at your outburst to be honest your stern defence of migrants is favourable we are talking about asylum seekers here a group of people who have pilfered mine yours & every other taxpayer of tax we are obliged to pay from our paypackets with their ridiculous stories, anyone whos genuinely in danger/fleeing persecution is welcome to refuge here but it has been proven that 9 out of 10 are simply here to abuse the system- I object to my taxes being used in this way...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Experienced Punter esq For This Useful Post:

texas (07-07-10)

This is a very emotive subject with lots of different points of view. Please try and keep this one to debate etc and try not to get into any points which will take it over the top or make it personal with other members, or it may have to be closed down. There has already been comments that this thread could be classed as discriminatorary in several ways, so please bear in mind this when posting. I will be keeping a close eye on it.

Thanks
    VampireJackie

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I have no doubt the vast majority of these people don't meet refugee status requirements but as I said I ain't going to condemn them for trying, they are only trying to improve their lives and once they stay within the law and don't try to pillage, plunder and rape our women which some people seem to be afraid of I'm fine with them trying.
    I would be more concerened about the thousands of people who are currently on social but refuse to come off it because the positions they are being offered is beneath them or worse still, the money being offered is less than that which they recieve from social welfare. That is a disgrace, it is supposed to be a stop gap to help out those who finds themselves in the mis-fortune of not being able to get work, not a career choice which some seem to think it is..
    [QUOTE=Markon;244670]Ah come on. Irish emigration in the past, is incomparable to asylum seekers. Hardship in Ireland was a direct result of an 700 year occupation of our country by the Brits, so you can hardly blame them for emmigrating to London. Ireland on the other hand has never invaded any other country, and therefore we haven't contributed negatively to the situation in their home countries.

As for America, I think the Irish had as much right to try their luck in America as any other European ( as opposed to the Native American tribes ).

And who the f**k ruled Africa for centuries. and I don't remember seeing Nigeria invading anyone recently.

And who do you think built Ireland during the celtic tiger. Last time an irish accent was heard on a building site was 1990.

Come to think of don't remember seeing american forces landing on the beaches in Galway either. so why so many 'undocumented' Irish in the USA then

7. Default

[

Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    This is a very emotive subject with lots of different points of view. Please try and keep this one to debate etc and try not to get into any points which will take it over the top or make it personal with other members, or it may have to be closed down. There has already been comments that this thread could be classed as discriminatorary in several ways, so please bear in mind this when posting. I will be keeping a close eye on it.

Thanks
    VampireJackie
    Thanks Jackie. Attitudes like the ones presented here are the luxury of those with enough to eat.
    Last edited by pussyposse; 07-07-10 at 16:20. Reason: Crap at computers

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Markon View Post
    Ireland on the other hand has never invaded any other country, and therefore we haven't contributed negatively to the situation in their home countries.
    An Irish army once invaded Canada. Needless to say, it was a fiasco. Fenian raids - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

El Gordo (20-07-10)

Quote Originally Posted by pussyposse View Post
    [

Thanks Jackie. Attitudes like the ones presented here are the luxury of those with enough to eat.
    And stupid posts like the above serve no purpose in debating an issue of concern to others...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Experienced Punter esq For This Useful Post:

An don (07-07-10)

ffs was not st patrick kidnapped from foreign lands by a bunch of marauding micks ?
    Last edited by RicFlair; 07-07-10 at 19:01.

Default my reputation

so texas accuses me of a bogus analogy and hits my reputation with said comment.

So even though I was entirely correct and justified in highlighting the level of hypocrisy regarding this issue I am punished for speaking the truth.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alec Horan For This Useful Post:

An don (07-07-10), naughty_g5 (07-07-10)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast