Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Campness

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default Campness

    Whats the story with it. I know not all gay men are camp but most who I have met seem to be. Always trying to be flamboynat etc and make a point that they are gay. Its stereotyping. I dont make a point of me being straight etc. It cant be a genetic thing only because it sounds ridiculous and evolutionary unbenificial
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    5,879
    Reviews
    38

    Default

    i dont get it myself either doozer. I am attracted to guys and not the slightest bit camp. I honestly find these guys quite irritating. If there is a gay character in a tv show you can bet your last cent he will be a wimpy, passive sissy. Of all the stereotypes out there this one does get on my nerves the most.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    i dont get it myself either doozer. I am attracted to guys and not the slightest bit camp. I honestly find these guys quite irritating. If there is a gay character in a tv show you can bet your last cent he will be a wimpy, passive sissy. Of all the stereotypes out there this one does get on my nerves the most.
    Thanks Rayden. I have nothing against gays etc, but this campness drives me mad. It has to be put on. Is it that they are trying to me more female like or is it just a over generalised proclamation as to how gay they are (a kind of proud to be gay) Now I have friends who are gay and you would never know it. Normal guys and girls that just happen to be gay, then there are the onbes who are soooooooooooo gay (camp) and it does annoy me
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    5,879
    Reviews
    38

    Default

    i would like to think they arent putting it on. Maybe its habit.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,512
    Reviews
    5

    Default

    This is what i would call camp.


    It is someone basically with a flamboyant personality,that would be my understanding of it.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Whats the story with it. I know not all gay men are camp but most who I have met seem to be. Always trying to be flamboynat etc and make a point that they are gay. Its stereotyping. I dont make a point of me being straight etc. It cant be a genetic thing only because it sounds ridiculous and evolutionary unbenificial

    So straight men don't walk around forcing their straightness on everyone?

    Football hooligans come to mind, as well as Friday/Saturday night binge drinkers who have made it almost impossible for decent people to walk the streets when they dominate them (the streets) with their great interpretation of neanderthal man!


    GL
    "Keep it real with me, and I'll keep it real with you"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaylord View Post
    So straight men don't walk around forcing their straightness on everyone?

    Football hooligans come to mind, as well as Friday/Saturday night binge drinkers who have made it almost impossible for decent people to walk the streets when they dominate them (the streets) with their great interpretation of neanderthal man!


    GL
    A come on now, your confusing straightness with being a yob.
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Deep down in the E-I dungeon
    Posts
    11,634
    Reviews
    29

    Default

    You get the likes of Graham Noron, Brian Dowling and Julian Clary who are over the top with such sissy voices. Gay people I've met speak normal and don't go over the top like that. What about the other way around is there such a thing as a straight guy been camp? I know some guys who are supposedly straight but if you didn't know you would swear they were gay as they behave in the stereotypical gay campness.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    A come on now, your confusing straightness with being a yob.
    Isn't that straight men emphasising their straightness? When they are by themselves in the street they are introverts, put them together with some alcohol and they turn in to neanderthals. That to me is forcing their straightness on others...


    GL
    "Keep it real with me, and I'll keep it real with you"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Not all straight men but alcohol normally plays a part. The camps dont need alcohol which makes me wonder are they putting it on to emphasise their gayness
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •