Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Public Sector Strikes??????????????

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    I'm sick of all this public sector 'balls in my court'' crap- unwarranted payincreases they decide how much we pay them so they have wages far above private workers, massive pensions, 'benchmarking', huge mileage allowances & backed up by trade unions who effectively run this country oh ya they also threaten to strike at the drop of a hat causing mayhem to services that shouldnt be allowed..
    They are a disgrace and a sham,how are we going to recover it if we are not all pulling in the same direction.They will stall us with these so called threats,probably never actually have the courage to do it.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    and breathe.....
    In and out...
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

i have to say i agree with a lot of what has been said but i think most of you are forgetting that most of the public sector workers earn less than 30 grand a year. there is a lot of fat that could be cut at the top but its the lower payed that are being asked to take the brunt of the cuts....so while you bash the public sector please remember that most of them earn very little and dont have big pensions to fall back on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jayf1 View Post
    i have to say i agree with a lot of what has been said but i think most of you are forgetting that most of the public sector workers earn less than 30 grand a year. there is a lot of fat that could be cut at the top but its the lower payed that are being asked to take the brunt of the cuts....so while you bash the public sector please remember that most of them earn very little and dont have big pensions to fall back on.
    they are only worth 30,000 a year max. I mean you cant have it every way.We would all love a job where we have it nice and easy and get paid big money for it.Of course what you are saying is true that alot could be saved at the top but seriously the public service in general is not worth its productivity. Im sure there are some hard workering in the public service like some in the hospitals but generally though they are far and few between. The councils alone are costing this country a fortune between wastage and low productivity.

not good enough,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

think about it this way. The cuts were proposed to the public sector in Oct 2009. Here we are in July 2010. Give me a reasonably sized break plz. They arent sure about going on strike because they are afraid of irritating an already irritated unemployed and private sector.

ill go on strike for them,
    Westside.

Reviews

West, who is the sitting TD in Westville?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Navillus04 View Post
    West, who is the sitting TD in Westville?
    I actually havent a clue,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    I actually havent a clue
    Have you ever thought about getting into politics yourself? A swashbuckling go getter that pulls no punches or takes no prisoners
    I reckon the electorate in Westville might vote you in depending on your campaign strategy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Navillus04 View Post
    Have you ever thought about getting into politics yourself? A swashbuckling go getter that pulls no punches or takes no prisoners
    I reckon the electorate in Westville might vote you in depending on your campaign strategy
    I wouldnt get elected. To be a success at politics you must do three things,

(1) Promise everything.
    (2) Do nothing.
    (3) Make no enemies.

I cant do any of them,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    I wouldnt get elected. To be a success at politics you must do three things,

(1) Promise everything.
    (2) Do nothing.
    (3) Make no enemies.

I cant do any of them
    Hmmm, duly noted. Maybe im looking at this from the totally wrong angle. You are already a czar right? And your abode is already named after you? And you seem to be the only voice that gets heard from all those in Westville. Maybe democracy isnt gonna work here and we should go down the dictatorship road?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast