Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'recession is over'

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    You heard it lady's, lads, TS's, TV's!!!! back up to 250/300 an hour The good times are back!!!
    soiling charge to be introduced...

Reviews

The Government says the recession is over, so what are you waiting for! Come and get me.

Once a prick - always a prick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    i reckon this should have being your first clue,
    Westside.
    No, he didn't have anything from 'duty free', and this was his second trip to America; I'd say he's related to a 'publican' and has plenty of moeny

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    The Government says the recession is over, so what are you waiting for! Come and get me.

whatapic! whatawoman! well done Rover some wowen are so fucking beautiful...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    despite the banks robbing us all the Government squeezing more taxes out of us despite half a million on the dole & still proven to be ripped off everywhere we go the Department of Finance says the recession is over
    :dan

Pure horseshit. We have atleast two more years of jobs being lost before we even see the start of any kind of turn around in this country.
    And the government is prepared to sit back, watch it happen and do nothing about it. Horseshit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mr maxi For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (01-07-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    I know, but this time things are going to be different, this time the lies might be of benefit to you
    I would rather be told the truth than been told of load of crap that they have been spouting for the last few years.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to aml For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (01-07-10)

9. Default

Lets just have a quick look at the figures. The government, and the CSO would have you believe that the unemployment rate is about 13.5%. This figure is not really accurate. That figure is based on the entire population of the country, including children and old age pensioners. The truer figure is more like this. The work force of the country is approx. 2 million. This figure leaves out children and OAP's. So if you look at it that way, the unemployment figure is closer to about 23%. That is shocking.

All the time on the news, you see the big fanfare because some company has come in here and provided a few new jobs over the course of a few years. But nothing about the poor guys/gals losing theire jobs everyday. You will only hear of the big job losses. Never about the little office who has to let go of their staff, or put them on short time.

Thats another thing, unless you are on a three day week, you're not entitled to unemployment benefit. How many people are on 4 day weeks? Those people wouldn't be included in the live register figures either. They say that the economy has grown by 3.7% or something like that, but as it was stated on the news last night, this is mostly due to large multi national companies exporting their product, and also exporting their profits to the pockets of other countries. When you look at local, indigeneous companies, and their economy, you will see that they are down 4% or something like that.

Then the government has the cheek to say the recession is technically over. It's not!!! Far from it. I don't even think we have hit the bottom yet. They will come out and say that people are buying more new cars this year. That's true. But only because of the scrappage scheme. As soon as that ends, the figures will drop again. Car sales accounted for basically all the increase in consumer spending so far this year. Take that away, and it will look bleak.

They say the cost of living has decreased by about 6-7% in this country. How can that be?? Certain things have come down in price. But in all honesty, the essentials haven't. Fuel costs, heating costs, insurance costs, medical costs. All the essentials have increased. Who cares that you can get three 2 litre bottles of coke for the price of 2? That dosen't make any difference. And now, today there will be extra costs for the public.

Councils have to charge VAT on waste collection, car parking, road tolls. A toll is already a tax. It is a tax for the use of the road. Now they are putting a tax on a tax. The government is absolutley clueless. They try to hide the state of the country by the likes of the stag hunting and dog breeding bill. Now don't get me wrong. We are a civilised country, or at least would like to think we are. I am for animal rights. There is no need for guys to be out chasing a stag with a pack of hounds and horses. They will say it's the end of rural ireland. That other stuff will be banned. Like shooting, fishing and the like. That's not the case. I live in rural ireland. I have no desire to see some ponces fluting around on horseback and chasing a stag over ditches, road etc. And to be honest, I don't think much of the general population has any desire to see that.

The recession is over?? Where are they going to get the 3-4 billion they need this year, and next year? They caved in with the public sector. Can't cut them now for 4 years. That's all well and good if the public sector makes savings, but do you really see them doing that much?? I know people that work in the public sector. I have nothing against them personally, but we are all in this together. Public and private sectors. The public sector has the advantage of basically a job for life with a pension to follow. Most people in the private sector, who had a pension, now see that it's greatly reduced or wiped out totally.

This is a bit of a rant, but I am just so sick of hearing the powers that be say we have turned the corner, and seeing the amount of waste. They couldn't link the two Luas lines when they built it. Now they have to do it. They are deciding to spend billions on running a metro out to the airport. Why??? Can they not just do a better job of the services already in place?? Why not have a dedicated bus fleet to the city centre?? Why not invest those billions (or likely much less) on alternative energy powered public transport? It just dosen't make any sense to me the amount of waste that happens in this country.

I'm finished for now. I have to get back to work, or else I will be just a statistic on the live register.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bigcxxk For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (01-07-10)

Reviews

despite the banks robbing us all the Government squeezing more taxes out of us despite half a million on the dole & still proven to be ripped off everywhere we go the Department of Finance says the recession is over
    Most full of bullshit thread ever.
    The government statement that is not the comments of people who have posted on this thread.
    The Truth is out there.

Blog Entries

whooooo hooooo, I'm off to Harvey Norman to get a 50" 3D TV to celebrate, then just give the bank manager a quick call to let him know I'm in charge again. Cocktails for all!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    whooooo hooooo, I'm off to Harvey Norman to get a 50" 3D TV to celebrate, then just give the bank manager a quick call to let him know I'm in charge again. Cocktails for all!!
    I would hold off on the bubbly for now....more ppl are going to pay for the failings of this spineless government...probably the less well off in society if i'd hazard a guess.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast