Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RTE v BBC....which ones for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr gear View Post
    i watch on utv and bbc only because rte dont show it on HD...didi hamann has some accent
    hamann has a scouse/german accent...but the raised eyebrow is classical german......

Reviews

To be fair RTE at least tried to bring in new panelists hamann,odillis unlike the bbc who have usual suspects lawranson,shearer lineker.It does'nt help that some of these ppl are close to a lot of the english team making it very hard for them to critisise their'buddies'.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    To be fair RTE at least tried to bring in new panelists hamann,odillis unlike the bbc who have usual suspects lawranson,shearer lineker.It does'nt help that some of these ppl are close to a lot of the english team making it very hard for them to critisise their'buddies'.
    it also is no help that shearer is a wooden man in front of a camera w...and lawerenson has become a parody of himself all he is missing is the red nose the fucking clown...as for lineker...at least his wife is sweet looking.......

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    it also is no help that shearer is a wooden man in front of a camera w...and lawerenson has become a parody of himself all he is missing is the red nose the fucking clown...as for lineker...at least his wife is sweet looking.......

That lineker is one lucky bastard.....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

I watch RTE for the before, half time and post match analysis. I'll watch the match on the bbc and press the red button to choose radio 5 live. Alan Green and Mike Ingham give very good commentary and make any match sound exciting. But for analysis you can't beat Giles and Dunphy even though they don't have a clue sometimes. But at least their honest.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    bbc brought in clarence seedorf, klinsmann and adebayor(in fairness he is useless) so to say they sticking with same old faces is wrong... only reason i watch rte is to hear what rubbish dunphy is going to spout...his lack of knowledge of football outside the english league is truly shocking...the best part of rte's world cup programming has to be souness on the panel and of course that brilliant programme APRES MATCH there inpersonation of didi hamann is priceless
    your not really drunk if you can lie on th floor without holding on!! - dean martin

I usually prefer the RTE analysts, especially when Dunphy or Giles is there. I think George Hamilton is fine, I don't like some strong English accents like BBC's main commentator has.

To be fair to the BBC and England yesterday, they did call it like it was when they saw England losing by the score.... we'll call it as being 4-2. I agree that after Slovenia it was crazy stuff, they were talking England had won 5-0 and was going to win the world cup. However they weren't so bad yesterday and neither was Sky News.

RTE can be very frank at times and tend to call it as it is. BBC can sugar coat there analysis and defend the indefensible like the English performances. I agree RTE should bring in some new faces to change things up a little.
    Adebayor is terrible though

Quote Originally Posted by spur View Post
    RTE for me Liam Brady is one of the best very honest the only bad thing about RTE is George Hamilton i cannot stand him if he is on i switch over.He talks crap and does't know the players name's.Anyone else notice this about him?
    ================================================================================ =========

Likewise as a Tottenham fanatic I wish to bring to your attention that no matter how honest a person or how gifted a player ,
    Liam Brady first and foremost was or rather still is a Gooner , hence your loyalty must be questionable.
    Ever been to a derby game ? --- warzone !

Note the difference in style

BBC
    Youger personnel
    Modern studio with views of south africa in back
    no desks
    no suits or ties all shirts
    all jockey and matey and blokey

RTE
    Older personnel
    simple studio with desks and notepads , simple background
    all suits and ties
    More analysis more formal