Thread: depression

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

I suffered a bit when I was let go from work.
    Felt very dark and down a lot.
    Drank a fair bit and had very bad thoughts about my ex boss, etc.
    They only way of helping is to talk about it.
    Either to friends and family or to a professional.
    First step is knowing you have a problem and then wanting to get it fixed.

Hard part is admiting it dude. Now that you have, go out and do something about it.

Best of luck dude!!

Blog Entries

Patricia is right, although this isn't the place to get professional help, a release of any kind is a help and talking to anybody, even in the format here is a help. It's nice to know when you're feeling like this you're not alone and not the only one. Personally I've suffered in the past and have also been going through a bit of a bad spell lately and for some people a place like this can be a bit of a sactuary. It's important to recognise that you have a problem, it's symtoms and effects. Many people go their whole lives suffering from depression, stress and anxiety and never know it........

It can be as simple as just sitting down and talking to somebody..........

Best of luck Harry..........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luther For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (27-06-10), Milfminx (27-06-10)

Reviews

You have taken the right step by admitting that you may have a problem with depression, so now you have to decide how to move forward, my advice, its based on experience, is to seek out a Cognitive Behavior Therepist, this in my opinion is the best form of professional help you can get. Also I agree with those who say posting here is a good thing. Of course drink is the most deprssive drug out there, so staying away from that will help greatly. Dont be to hard on yourself, self analysis in a state of depression is counter productive. Take care and good luck.....

Poggo............
    Some PPL mistake an attempt at reconciliation, as a personal attack or insult......

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poggo For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (27-06-10), Milfminx (27-06-10)

Reviews

Hi all,very interested in Harrys situation. I suffered from depression all my life. Also i have an addictive personality from drink, smoking sweets anything. you have done the first thing right that is admitted to yourself and other people here that you have a problem. What i done secondly was told my G P who prescribed anti depression tabs not anything heavy but something like xanax which i find very good. I think everyone suffers a little bit from this every now and then. For instance i read these posts every day but do not post any as i feel i would make a balls of it. This is in itself low esteem, still when i meet people out i can be a great crack. Also keep talking, and it eases without you knowing it. I genuinely hope this helps you some bit. Cheers Madjack

7. The Following User Says Thank You to madjack For This Useful Post:

Patricia (27-06-10)

Blog Entries

sincerely,
    Westside.