Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: depression

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Alot of people here don't seem to know what depression is. He's not just in a bad mood ffs.....the poor guy was having sucicidal thoughts. You don't just say "that's not good....better think of something else".

This is why I said I wouldn't post it here. There are a few that had experiance with it and gave excellent advice. But the ones who are talking the most, don't have a fucking clue! Hopefully Harry can make the distinction.

Good luck Harry......
    You so so tough so tell me what fuckin clue do you have?

let me know,
    Westside.

PS by the way i can always keep my moth shuit and keep the fuck out of it. At the end of the day it makes fall difference to me.

Blog Entries

On second thought ill do just that.

mind my own fuckin business,
    Westside.

PS and business is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    And how does a therapist do his work again? You dont know what meditation is either because it has nothing to do with dwelling on anything. In fact its single mindedness.

With me its like this. I will go up against shit in life but im fucked if anything will knock me. Any probs or shit i had and will have in my life i simply deal with it or forget it whichever suits me better.The best example of anyone dealing with shit was my father who hadnt an easy life at all. It would have being simple for this guy who had to rear three stubborn cunts of kids by himself to feel miserable, it would have being easy for him to feel miserable when he was in intensive care for nine weeks and given little chance of surviving and it would have being easy for him to feel miserable when he was dying of cancer 20 years later.Yet not once did i ever hear this man complain,or get down or let his humour or smile disappear.It was always chin up and fuck ahead with him. There are others like this too. I only use this as the best eg that i can think of.

Sure some are dealt a hard hand in life and i would personally help any of those ppl out if they needed it but alot of ppl need to learn to help themselves and understand that shit happens sometimes and when it does you have a choice of whether to do the best you can with the hand your dealt or fall aprt and it really is that simple.I could think of lots of reasons why my life might suck right now but i could also think of just as many reasons why my life is fantastic.Guess which ones i dwell on?

Westside.
    You really out of your depth here. You're trying to apply your life experience to others. You can't come up with any logical replies so you're spouting off non-applicable rhetoric. You don't even grasp the difference between "sad" and clinical depression.

If you think about it your "meditation" technique is a distraction that you use to distract yourself, and that's fine, but we are not talking abut you. I know it may be hard to your to focus on that but please try, this is not about you.

The OP is suffering from clinical depression, debilitating so much that he's had to take off work and a health care professional has prescribed him medication. We are not talking about "sad". You keep thinking we are.

I will try one last time to educate you with regards to depression. The OP is experiencing, most likely, some or many of these symptoms.

difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions
    fatigue and decreased energy
    feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and/or helplessness
    feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism
    insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
    irritability, restlessness
    loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable, including sex
    overeating or appetite loss
    persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment
    persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" feelings
    thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts

Your positive mental outlook advice can't change a chemical imbalance. Telling someone with depression "hey, get over it" or "think happy thoughts" is ignorant and unhelpful advice. Offering up new age hokum is no better.

The advice I gave to him was to stay hopeful, follow the course of medication and to insist on bi-weekly blood levels. In addition, counseling.

I've seen in Middleton, Cork how ignorance of clinical depression caused many unnecessary deaths by suicide. Hence, this shit is real. People make cries for help, only to be told "hey, you cheer up".

OP, I sincerely hope you overcome your depression. Please take the instruction from your Psychiatrist.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BitchHunter For This Useful Post:

debest (28-06-10), Rayden (28-06-10), steerbyderear (12-11-10)

Reviews

On second thought ill do just that.

mind my own fuckin business,
    Westside.

PS and business is good.
    Good call....

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJessy View Post
    Or maybe that people have more clue than what you think and had experience with it,but they just sorted in a different way!
    I've never had experiance with it personally. But someone close to me has suffered and it's a daily struggle even now for that person. I wasn't talking about you but if you agree with West on this, then you're wrong.

Blog Entries

Good call....
    Yourself and Dr Phil should go and save the town of Middleton. Ever being to that place and mind my feelings.They are very delicate. Im off to bed now.

Welcome to Middleton, drink slowly through the village,
    Westside.

Yourself and Dr Phil should go and save the town of Middleton. Ever being to that place and mind my feelings.They are very delicate. Im off to bed now.

Welcome to Middleton, drink slowly through the village,
    Westside.
    Yeah feelings are gay. Lets all be proud of our ignorance.

Blog Entries

I've never had experiance with it personally. But someone close to me has suffered and it's a daily struggle even now for that person. I wasn't talking about you but if you agree with West on this, then you're wrong.
    My bro suffers from it and i tell him the same thing but some ppl dont want to be helped so i dont bother now.Whats the point? Wreck my own head instead?Ppl are too busy making a science out of it.

some actually love the bloody thing,
    Westside.

I still would like to know hows Harry, hope u read this thread hunny, please fell better. Let us know how are u
    Sweet Kisses, thinkin about u babe

Blog Entries

Well,let me tell you that i've had problems with it,i know all the symptoms,i've had them all and i still agree with Westie!This might not work for everybody but for me it did.When i've realised how many things human mind can do,i've started to be interested in psychology and power of thinking!Now i am the person that i want to be and i am great!so i might not be so wrong,let's just say that the truth might be somewhere in the middle,a combination of both would be great!

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast