Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: depression

Blog Entries

Default True but

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    But the point is there are many ways of doing this and it may not be the same for everyone. What will work for one person may not work for the other............so.............

Many effects with many solutions,
    Luther.
    there is no point in adopting a band aid approach to a practical problem. Im speaking of medications here. I am 10000000000000000000000% against the use of anti depressants. The person is only trading one prob for another. The only place i can see antis being used is if a person has gone completely off the rails and needs to be brought down but very few reach that level.Most ppls depression is simply an ongoing lack of control of ones thoughts which eventually express themselves as unwanted or unfulfilling emotions. The best thing a person can do in my view is to simply stop beating themselves up over it and understand that there is nothing wrong with them.

The only difference between a depressed persons mind and a person who isnt depressed is the one who isnt depressed gives no credibility to negative thoughts. Im not saying try and stop thinking negative thoughts as this will wreck a persons head but i am saying that there is a very big difference between having a shitty thought and making a life out of one.

When i say i dont suffer from depression it doesnt mean that my life is any better or any worse than someone that does suffer from it but it does mean that i dont wrap up any shitty thoughts and take them to bed with me. I just let it go.

Sincerely,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BitchHunter View Post
    westside's GP

I never go to my GP. He is only a robbing cunt that smiles if im sick. If i injure myself i wrap it in ice and eat anti inflamms. If i dont feel well ,i drink lots of water and get alot more rest.

most gps are clueless,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    there is no point in adopting a band aid approach to a practical problem. Im speaking of medications here. I am 10000000000000000000000% against the use of anti depressants. The person is only trading one prob for another. The only place i can see antis being used is if a person has gone completely off the rails and needs to be brought down but very few reach that level.Most ppls depression is simply an ongoing lack of control of ones thoughts which eventually express themselves as unwanted or unfulfilling emotions. The best thing a person can do in my view is to simply stop beating themselves up over it and understand that there is nothing wrong with them.

The only difference between a depressed persons mind and a person who isnt depressed is the one who isnt depressed gives no credibility to negative thoughts. Im not saying try and stop thinking negative thoughts as this will wreck a persons head but i am saying that there is a very big difference between having a shitty thought and making a life out of one.

When i say i dont suffer from depression it doesnt mean that my life is any better or any worse than someone that does suffer from it but it does mean that i dont wrap up any shitty thoughts and take them to bed with me. I just let it go.

Sincerely,
    Westside.
    Good point, you subtitute one problem for another thus creating a never ending cycle...
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    Good point, you subtitute one problem for another thus creating a never ending cycle...
    I think you haven't got the real point,if this is your conclusion!

Some people here think its just a matter of controlling your thoughts, in my case that was just nonsense, what was wrong with me was a chemical imbalance in my brain, my Serotonin levels were at rock bottom, not only was I suffering from depression but I also had very bad anxiety.

BTW, desperate dan or whatever it is you call yourself, you’re a cock.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJessy View Post
    I think you haven't got the real point,if this is your conclusion!
    What i was saying that in cases like these medication is only a quick fix,you may feel better but some ppl become overdependant on medication to help themselves thus creating an over reliance on drugs and creating a new problem.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    Some people here think its just a matter of controlling your thoughts, in my case that was just nonsense, what was wrong with me was a chemical imbalance in my brain, my Serotonin levels were at rock bottom, not only was I suffering from depression but I also had very bad anxiety.

Thats fair enough but you were the excpetion. Most cases are simply ppl not keeping check on their thoughts or at least thats what i get anyway from hearing ppl that say they are depressed. This isnt to say Harry hasnt what you had but doubtful.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post

The chemical imbalance is another story,but i still think that depression is about controlling your thoughts.Of course that this is not an easy thing to do,but in time a person can learn how to do that.I believe in the power of thinking!

Well westside I am glad to know we have Scientologists on the forum.

Tell you what if you ever come into my A&E, having a heart attack I'll advise you to "just get some rest" or if your DR-70 screening comes back positive for cancer in your rectum I'll advise you have "a little sleep."

Honestly, the only think you can improve by positive thought is your outlook. If your body is invaded by a foreign pathogen you can't happy it away.

When it comes to mental illness it's no difference in many cases we are talking about chemical imbalances. I tell you what mental illness can do.

I once had a 24 year old man admitted to my A&E because he severed his own penis, three times once cutting completely through. Why? He was schizophrenic. The voices that he "heard" told him to do it.

Mothers drown their own children because they are depressed, this a clinical condition with real life consequences.

Any trained therapist will tell you the last thing you want these people to do is meditate and dwell on what's bothering them. The best thing you can do is keep them distracted, occupying them. While the medication works. I personally know people who'd be dead now if it wasn't for antidepressants.

You don't know what depression is, you know what "sad" is. People who suffer from clinical depression have little or no control over how they feel.
    Last edited by BitchHunter; 28-06-10 at 21:36.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BitchHunter For This Useful Post:

aml (28-06-10), steerbyderear (12-11-10)

Blog Entries

Default I mentioned this before here but its worth mentioning again as its a true story.

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJessy View Post
    The chemical imbalance is another story,but i still think that depression is about controlling your thoughts.Of course that this is not an easy thing to do,but in time a person can learn how to do that.I believe in the power of thinking!
    Two sons were reared by an abusive father who drank excessively, abused the family and was a downright bastard all round. One son turned out just like his father while the other son turned out the complete opposite of his father. Both sons were interviewed about this and neither of them knew that the other was interviewed.The main q in the interview was as follows,

How did you end up the way you are?

Now get this , both sons ,both of them answered the exact same thing,

"how could i have ended up any different with a father like that".

This shows how a person thinks and sees himself ,creates the life he wants.I am blue in the face from saying it to ppl that there is an enormous tendency for a person to become what they think. I am lucky enough to be in touch with a few damn good ppl by email. One is a guy who was given last rites three times late last year. this guy just drills forward with no time for dwelling on negatives for long and jesus he has it bad.

Westside.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

JessicaJessy (28-06-10)

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast