Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scholes to retire

absolute class player, 1 of the best players since the premiership started!
    he has had a terrific career at old trafford and will be sorely missed when he steps down next year! and i think joe cole would be the ideal replacement!
    i had the enjoyment of playing football with scholsey at school and at a higher level before he was spotted by man utd at a match we were playing in 1 sat morning. (why wasn't it me) and is still a good friend to this day!

Reviews

If Utd can't get a suitable replacement what's the odds Fergie will persuade him not to retire?
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    If Utd can't get a suitable replacement what's the odds Fergie will persuade him not to retire?
    the odds are about zero scholes was a great player but time waits for noone he is getting on and one more season is about all he has left....but what a player he was in his day....he still is englands best midfielder even though he is not at the world cup...capello asked him a bit to late i hear.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    the odds are about zero scholes was a great player but time waits for noone he is getting on and one more season is about all he has left....but what a player he was in his day....he still is englands best midfielder even though he is not at the world cup...capello asked him a bit to late i hear.
    That header against citeh. Magnificent.

i concur. he was a brilliant player. and was never in the headlines for the wrong reasons. so i have the utmost respect for him, even if he does have ginger nuts. he cant tackle for shit though.
    I'm a well hung chap, hung like a bastard says i.

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    Paul scholes has announced that he will be retiring at the end of new season.I am not a utd supporter but he is the comsunate professional and a player i greatly admire.No airs or graces from one of the greatest players in the game.

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Scholes reveals retirement plans
    There can be no doubting his footballing ability and his contribution to United's success during the Fergie era, however, what has always annoyed me about Scholes is the level of acceptance, and how it is passed off as the one aspect of his game that he has never perfected - his tackling.

He has always been dirty.
    And some of the tackles he has put in on people were peotential leg-breakers.
    He is still the most likely player in the Premiership to make a tackle from behind.
    And the frequency of those rash and dangerous tackles has increased the older he has gotten, which leads me to believe that there is a bitter streak to Scholes towards the next generation of player coming through.
    I can't recall him ever putting in one of these type of tackles in recent season's on players as established as himself.

So to call him the consummate professional is a little over the top in my opinion.

dom

Class player, utd will miss him. Anderson does not cut the mustard and hargreaves is too injury prone. With only Carrick and Fletcher Utd midfield is starting to look bare.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    There can be no doubting his footballing ability and his contribution to United's success during the Fergie era, however, what has always annoyed me about Scholes is the level of acceptance, and how it is passed off as the one aspect of his game that he has never perfected - his tackling.

He has always been dirty.
    And some of the tackles he has put in on people were peotential leg-breakers.
    He is still the most likely player in the Premiership to make a tackle from behind.
    And the frequency of those rash and dangerous tackles has increased the older he has gotten, which leads me to believe that there is a bitter streak to Scholes towards the next generation of player coming through.
    I can't recall him ever putting in one of these type of tackles in recent season's on players as established as himself.

So to call him the consummate professional is a little over the top in my opinion.

dom
    What a load of garbage.....do you understand that football is competitive sport?? Scholes is a very competitive player....so what??

Reviews

Scholes is a very clean tackler . He always goes clean thru the opponent !

YouTube - UCL Final 09 Barcelona - Manchester Scholes brutal tackle
    I have no signature at the moment

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rimmerguy View Post
    Scholes is a very clean tackler . He always goes clean thru the opponent !

YouTube - UCL Final 09 Barcelona - Manchester Scholes brutal tackle
    That's the way it should be. He's competitive.....he's not bitter towards the new generation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast