Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Galvin a disgrace

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Navillus04 View Post
    Funny you should mention this.......

Not too long ago, Galvin was accused of throwing a blackboard duster at the head of a student in his class! Whether he was provoked or not, this was a serious judgement of error

School quiet on Galvin duster incident | Irish Examiner
    Something similar happened at my school. Student got concussed. Nothing ever happened to the teacher though.

Reviews

I think incidents like this probably happen more often than we think, im actually a bit surprised that seeing as it was Galvin involved, it didnt attract more headlines given his volatile character

Funny you should mention this.......

Not too long ago, Galvin was accused of throwing a blackboard duster at the head of a student in his class! Whether he was provoked or not, this was a serious judgement of error

School quiet on Galvin duster incident | Irish Examiner
    That's the thing, in every school in the country I doubt you’d find one teacher who hasn't been provoked by a student at one time or another. I've never met Galvin I only know him from watching him play but as I said above I'd be amazed if he's able to keep his temper in check in the class and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that all the 'great' pillars of this society (unions, gaa, councils, church) would hush it up, because he's such a big profile player. There are plenty of decent, jobless teachers out there who'll have to go across the water to find work in part because of the 'jobs for the boys' attitude in this country, sadly.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Parker View Post
    ....There are plenty of decent, jobless teachers out there who'll have to go across the water to find work in part because of the 'jobs for the boys' attitude in this country, sadly.
    Couldnt agree more. I finished college recently and was lucky enough to walk straight into a job, but i have a mate who done teaching and he hasnt heard a peep since we finished in january. In fact, i was gobsmacked to find out, that alot of schools are employing teachers who are past the age of retirement and are simply keeping them on because of some feeling of loyalty rather than give us college leavers a chance

5. Default

I would never defend violence but please was this the only incident in the game , poor little Colm was nearly strangled , Paul Galvin may have anger issues but don't we all when we are provoked about something we feel strongly about , as for the incident in his school , how many of us would not lose our temper with the 4 wheel driven spotty teenagers of today , and I am sure Paul did his years in college to earn his position as a teacher.
    Its a football game at the end of the day

xxx
    Milfminx
    Good Girls go to Heaven......................... Bad Girls go Everywhere

likes his ink,always a good sign of a thug

Reviews

you are the only other person ive seen (who isnt from Kerry) who has mentioned the fact that colm cooper was practically strangled and throttled by a cork player last sunday. Funny nobody else saw or mentioned that.......

why hasnt that cork player been cited like Galvin has?

8. Default

you are the only other person ive seen (who isnt from Kerry) who has mentioned the fact that colm cooper was practically strangled and throttled by a cork player last sunday. Funny nobody else saw or mentioned that.......

why hasnt that cork player been cited like Galvin has?
    Well i saw it and so must everyone who watched the game but we dont want to be upsetting anyone now do we he he he

xxx
    Milfminx
    Good Girls go to Heaven......................... Bad Girls go Everywhere

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by trueblood77 View Post
    likes his ink,always a good sign of a thug
    This is being a bit presumptuous isnt it? Not everyone who has tattoos or many tattoos are thugs!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Milfminx View Post
    Well i saw it and so must everyone who watched the game but we dont want to be upsetting anyone now do we he he he
    Personally, i think what happens on the field should stay on the field, cooper got throttled by a cork player, Galvin got nasty etc etc, the players seem to be getting on with things, everyone else should too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast