Thread: This unemployment business is getting kind of boring!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default This unemployment business is getting kind of boring!

It's 8:30am and I've been up since 7am; normally I'd go outside tend to my garden or sit, smoke cigarettes, drink coffee and read, but today I hopped on the computer and in a moment of clarity wondered ''what has become of my life?'' be. I occasionly do some 'massage' work,but I'm traditionally a two-job person; my last stunt in America had me working 3 jobs, being a workaholic is the nature of my beast and last week I was reminded of days gone by when a cousin of mine liken herself to me because of the many jobs she has,; I might have complained of working too much, but I really enjoyed it and miss it dearly now.

I know this economic down-turn isn't going anywhere in the near-future, but I long for the days when you could pick up a paper, answer a few ads and get couple of jobs; I miss riding the rails of the job market. Not just for the money, but for the productivity and the sense of fulfillment. I should blame my Grandmother for my need to work: I remember her sitting on her bed looking through the situation vacant ads, 61 years old and recovering from complications of Diabetes, even though she was drawing both her own and my grandfather's pension, she was still consumed by the need to work for no other reason other than that's what she has always done. Once a worker, always a worker
    Last edited by anitasizzle; 15-06-10 at 13:19.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anitasizzle For This Useful Post:

benin (15-06-10), Dirty Harry (15-06-10), Patricia (15-06-10), RicFlair (15-06-10)