Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This unemployment business is getting kind of boring!

Blog Entries

What gets me is how the American public looks down on people who aren't working and collecting the Social even though it's widely known there isn't any jobs. People bemoan Obama for extending the unemployment benefits from 26 weeks to 33 weeks ;they say the availability of benefits and the length of time people can collect them, encourages people to stay unemployed longer and not accept ANY kind of work offered, but think about it would you take any old job, knowing in your heart you won't stay there long, and risk the chance of having you benefits cut off for quitting a job?

Blog Entries

Default Its the same here

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    What gets me is how the American public looks down on people who aren't working and collecting the Social even though it's widely known there isn't any jobs. People bemoan Obama for extending the unemployment benefits from 26 weeks to 33 weeks ;they say the availability of benefits and the length of time people can collect them, encourages people to stay unemployed longer and not accept ANY kind of work offered, but think about it would you take any old job, knowing in your heart you won't stay there long, and risk the chance of having you benefits cut off for quitting a job?
    ppl look down there nose on ppl claiming welfare in Ireland too.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    Some are only back from their holidays,they will be gone yet again soon enough.I just don't get it why they are entitled to such long holidays.I mean it's not enough that they get 8 weeks off for the christmas holidays they several more months off during the summer. It is the taxpayers that fund these trips for them.People can say what they like,polictions are out for themselves,they have an easy life,lapping up the adulation when everything was going right and refusing to take the blame when everything went wrong.They took all the credit for the celtic tiger when in essense the hard working people that made this country were forgotten or simply ignored.They are a disgrace to our forefathers who built and saved this country.
    And remember alot of the civil service have it easy too. Look at teachers. A whole summer of paid leave. Its fuckin ridicolus in the current economic enviroment. They threaten to go on strike then.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    I think you are a great writer Anita. You can drop me a PM anytime you want to add freelance writer to your job mix. I'd pay you to write a regular column here.
    Thanx, Pat, but are you sure you want to do that? What with my bad grammar, you might have the grammar police on to you

Reviews

You just have to look at shows like maury and jerry springer that there are quite a few on social welfare over there but people in this country too have looked down on some people in our country that happily take the money without ever wanting to work a day in their lives.That was obviously a few years now where the majority that are on the dole are hard workin families just trying to keep their heads above water.Like a friend of mine said to me there were far to many handouts given to people in the years gone by.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    ppl look down there nose on ppl claiming welfare in Ireland too.

Westside.
    not so much now westie i think...

Blog Entries

Thanx, Pat, but are you sure you want to do that? What with my bad grammar, you might have the grammar police on to you
    You could interview yours truely (Me) for your first column.

Anita - "hello all and welcome to the first installment of "Anitas America" . This week we talk with a man who difies the odds, wins a world cup comp without watching one game or knowing what a football even is,a man who has overcome controversy, setbacks and criticism yet a man who despite all of this ,still stands tall amongst the worlds greats despite being abducted by aliens.A man who needs no introduction.The one and only Westside."

Hello Anita,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    not so much now westie i think...
    I would agree with you,a lot of good people out there with young families struggling to make ends meat.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Blog Entries

Irish politicians sound like the Greek politicians with all their holidays; you think they would have done the descent thing and cut back on all the holiday taking since the general public has had to make concessions because of budget cutbacks. I always thought they were just weaving and laughing at the Irish public while you boarded that plane to Spain, and they fiddled the country's piggy banks

Blog Entries

I was serious if you want to take me up on it. Bad grammar doesn't matter. Proofreading is a easy to find skill. You are a good writer, it doesn't matter if you aren't good at grammar etc, it's easy to get others to correct your writing in that regard. It's much harder to write well and have interesting things to say, so you've got the important part covered. Besides in this Internet age, things like grammar are far less important, most people reading online are not very concerned about such minor details.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast