Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RTE's Crimeline

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by eveready View Post
    Texas,
    May I kindly suggest if you are so displeased with the nature of our liberal society here that you emigrate to 'lovely singapore' where spitting and gum chewing are punishable by flogging. Or if you are so fired up to shoot drug dealers (I assume you mean the state, or maybe you are not all mouth and are tough enough to take on some of the criminal scum of Dublin all by your lonesome), that you relocate to the wacked state of your namesake where you can grab G.W. and have a real cowboy shot up our a good ole mob lynching. I think the bulk of people in this country would prefer to live in a relatively non-authoritarian state rather than the knee jerk right wing hang em and flog 'em frontier town you propose. I think the 'Parents against Drugs' reactionaries are the only likely recruits you will find. Oh and to save you the trouble of course I am stoned, sure what else would I do with my day.
    Hello Neversteady

As for spitting and Chewing Gum. Yes they are illegal in Singaphore as you sugest but you are lying in that
    they are punished by flogging, this is a lie. Spiting is punishable by a fine and chewing gum is allowed
    provided the gum must be sugarless and therapeutic, and it’s only available by prescription and you don't litter. A smokescreen from the facts we are discusing prohibtion of drugs

I knew the Death Penalty is controversial and raises all sorts of issues for example who will pay for the ammo the dept of justice or the dept of defense etc.
    I would like to volunteer my services as chief executioner like my Hero Darshan Sing The chief executionerin Sinagphore , he has executed more than 850 people during his service from 1959 using the phrase: "I am going to send you to a better place than this. God bless you." This included 18 people on one day, using three ropes at a time. Singh also hanged 7 people within 90 minutes.

Facts
    Number of people killed by sinagphore for drugs 1998-2005 = 146
    Number of people died from drugs in Ireland in 1998 - 2005= 2,441 *
    *Trends in drug-related deaths in Ireland. - National Documentation Centre on Drug Use

The Singaphore model is based on eduaction, Harsh punishment, forced Treatment.
    It works If the facts where presented to the Irish people I believe they would pick this model to proceed.

Reviews

If Ahern, Harney or Fachtna are concerned about Irish Health, they should focus on the below:

Alcohol-related harm facts and statistics | Alcohol Action Ireland

ASH Ireland: Working Towards A Tobacco Free Society

Legal Lows!
    Last edited by warmcome; 12-06-10 at 08:58.

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    If Ahern, Harney or Fachtna are concerned about Irish Health, they should focus on the below:

Alcohol-related harm facts and statistics | Alcohol Action Ireland

ASH Ireland: Working Towards A Tobacco Free Society

Legal Lows!
    Well done you have made your point.
    The Govermnet are making efforts to tackle these legal drugs.
    The solution in my view is to have a heatlh system where your preimum is defined by your lifestyle
    i.e. A fat smoking heavy drinker would have a very high insurance premium

Tobacco and drink are legal and regulated yet still abused and still genertae revenue for crime gangs
    by smuggling , now would the situtaion be any different if we legalise the others?

We can also ban tobacco and drink if you like.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by texas View Post
    Well done you have made your point.
    The Govermnet are making efforts to tackle these legal drugs.
    The solution in my view is to have a heatlh system where your preimum is defined by your lifestyle
    i.e. A fat smoking heavy drinker would have a very high insurance premium

Tobacco and drink are legal and regulated yet still abused and still genertae revenue for crime gangs
    by smuggling , now would the situtaion be any different if we legalise the others?

We can also ban tobacco and drink if you like.
    And the biggest of those crime gangs is the one run by the Government.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234