Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: car accident

Reviews

Sorry to hear about your accident Kelly.
    I agree with all the advice that previous posters have given you.
    The Truth is out there.

Blog Entries

is she road worthy to drive home at the end of the week?

I wouldnt drive it.

wot should i check before i drive home at the end of the week?

i wouldnt drive it but you could get it towed. He will have to pay for that and if your stick for driving you could hire out a replacement car while your other one is being fixed. He is responsible for that too.

do i need to report the accident to the guarda?

If he admitted he is wrong no,if he hasnt yes.

ive taken his number plate name address and insurance details, did i miss anything or need to get anything else?

His phone no and the other car in front you and maybe the bin lorry ,their details too ,as witnesses if the other guys starts lying.

do i have to see a doctor?(i feel like ive be dragged through a hedge backwards and have a bad pain in my right arm and chest is painful from the seat belt, i wouldnt normally go to the doctor but suck it up but should i go, could there be anything serious causing the chest and arm pain that cant wait till i get home ?)

I would as it could be more serious than you think and the guy will have to compensate you if thats the case.

Westside.

Reviews

Hope ur ok Kelly !!

Get in touch with your insurance company. They should supply you with a courtesy car while your own car is assessed. The cost of hire of the courtesy car will be paid by the insurance company of the driver responsible for tha accident. Also if you have a loan car the insurance company which will be paying for it will put a push on to agree a settlement figure for your car to try and get you out of the loan car asap. You can haggle on the value of your car, don't settle for the first offer. Once you agree a figure with them u still keep the loan car until u get the cheque and it clears in your account. Regards the personal injury u probably won't feel pain for a few days then u will feel it in your neck, shoulders and back. You will then need to get checked out further in a few months time to check all is ok before your compensation fiure is finalized.

Hope this is of help!

hi kelly sorry to hear that i hope your ok please go to your doctor or the hospital to get checked out the car can always be repaired please get checked out asap god bless thinking of you xxxxxx melinda

Sometimes a car can be damaged internally even if there's no visible damage on the outside, so I would definitely say that yes, your car needs quite a looking at before driving far in it again!!! If you have to drive it, I would drive as slowly as possible and not at all if there's extensive damage done to the engine. If the engine is smashed in the whole thing could blow up like a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Sometimes a car can be damaged internally even if there's no visible damage on the outside, so I would definitely say that yes, your car needs quite a looking at before driving far in it again!!! If you have to drive it, I would drive as slowly as possible and not at all if there's extensive damage done to the engine. If the engine is smashed in the whole thing could blow up like a bomb.
    A bit OTT there I think. But more dangerous Kelly is the possibility that the steering or suspension has been damaged. Get it checked out.

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear this Kelly, you've been well advised here already so no need for me to repeat the same again but hope you're feeling better soon.........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    Whiplash is known to surface after a few days when the person realises they are totally in the right... as you are given what you stated happened.
    Sorry to hear about your accident Kelly.

What Qph says in quite right. If you get whiplash, any damage to the vertibrae in the neck might only manifest itself weeks, months or in some cases years later when you start to feel pain, or pins and needles or numbness in your fingers, hands, down your arms or shoulder area. You should really see a GP and he will probably refer you as an out-patient to be xrayed.

Although you should have stayed at the scene of the accident together with the other drivers without moving the vehicles until the gardai had examined everything, you should still go and report the accident and also inform your insurance company. As far as I am aware, the gardai now have to breathalise anybody who has been involved in a motor accident.

Blog Entries

Hope you are feeling better soon Kelly. It's great to see that so many members here have been able and willing to give you advice.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post

Although you should have stayed at the scene of the accident together with the other drivers without moving the vehicles until the gardai had examined everything, you should still go and report the accident and also inform your insurance company. As far as I am aware, the gardai now have to breathalise anybody who has been involved in a motor accident.
    If there was a witness to him admiting liability and she got their name and details then no guards is not such a problem but without a witness they can later deny it or deny the exact events. Its best to have a camera, dare say Kelly had a camera phone and take pictures yourself as later proof. Also advised to have a can of marker spray and mark the corners of the road underneath each corner of both cars and guards have some reference points. To late now I know but for the future for others.

Really do need to have car checked, even the smallest jolt can have an effect on door hinges being out of line and not latching properly and if a hefty bump then tires will need realighning or they will wear uneven and months down the line your grip on a wet day might be less then it was before the bump. They could wear more on the inside under wheel arch where its harder to see then on the more visible outside, at a glance you think you have lots of thread but its worn bald on the inside and you can easily get a blow out.
    Last edited by Quarterpoundher; 08-06-10 at 00:41.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast