Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Improvement suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Blackoutrocks View Post
    That's not fair! I want bad rep. I'm gunning for Infamy, ask luther.

Although this is rep used in a different way than I was previously complaining about, this idea is much worse and again I believe it will divide the forum instead of bringing it together. No good shall come of it I tell ya!

but I like the idea of Anna's to use it to get rid of frustration.

How about only the person who receives an asshole click is the only one that knows, so they know they're being an asshole but it doesn't give them a public image. The reason being the same as my complaints with rep, that people will be judged on that rather than the merit of their comment.
    infamy...infamy...they have all got it infamy

Reviews

That's not fair! I want bad rep. I'm gunning for Infamy, ask luther.

Although this is rep used in a different way than I was previously complaining about, this idea is much worse and again I believe it will divide the forum instead of bringing it together. No good shall come of it I tell ya!

but I like the idea of Anna's to use it to get rid of frustration.

How about only the person who receives an asshole click is the only one that knows, so they know they're being an asshole but it doesn't give them a public image. The reason being the same as my complaints with rep, that people will be judged on that rather than the merit of their comment.
    Giving a person an asshole point does'nt mean that they are an asshole.......it means that the person giving them the point thinks they are. I cant see the logic of allowing a person who is frustrated with somebody else here, using a negative censure mechanism against that person to try and make themselves feel better. The true assholes will be the ones dishing out the points, not the recipients.

At least at the moment, if you disagree with what somebody has posted, you can reply with a post of your own and argue or debate the point. If people are able to anonymously issue asshole points to others that they don't particularly like, there will be no relationship between offensive or OTT posts and the accumulation of points by those posters.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carlos marvado For This Useful Post:

User180209 (06-06-10), nicegirlsarenice (06-06-10), Nicole (06-06-10), Quarterpoundher (06-06-10)

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    Giving a person an asshole point does'nt mean that they are an asshole.......it means that the person giving them the point thinks they are. I cant see the logic of allowing a person who is frustrated with somebody else here, using a negative censure mechanism against that person to try and make themselves feel better. The true assholes will be the ones dishing out the points, not the recipients.

At least at the moment, if you disagree with what somebody has posted, you can reply with a post of your own and argue or debate the point. If people are able to anonymously issue asshole points to others that they don't particularly like, there will be no relationship between offensive or OTT posts and the accumulation of points by those posters.
    Actually I agree Carlos. I tried to make a bad idea work instead of just saying it's a bad idea.

Reviews

An asshole button? Wouldn't Westie crash the servers day one?
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna23 View Post
    P.S. Would anyone at least try to undersatnd my idea or will we continue ban people for opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    Can you post or pm who was banned for having an opinion pls, and that was an opinion allowed within the rules I should state as being banned for homophobia or racism is outside the terms of reference in stating such opinions for example.

If any were banned for an opinion within the rules we will look into it as a matter of urgency...

Thanks in advance...
    Hello Anna.. You have still not informed us who these wrongly banned people are...

How are we to look into this if we do not know who they are or who you feel fall into the category of being banned for expressing an opinion?

It is a very serious matter and a very serious charge to lay at our door please either post/pm who they are or kindly stop saying such a damaging thing and not bother to back it up..

More in hope then in expectation...qph...
    Last edited by Quarterpoundher; 06-06-10 at 11:52.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Anna23 View Post
    Did it ever happened to you that someone on this forum wrote something which you found a little...... lets say disturbing? Did you notice that posters in such situations become insulting and keep engaging in slagging matches which have nothing common with the original topic?

Now there can be put end to this!

I suggest to add and "asshole button" to each members post. Then everyone can click on that button whenever that person pisses him off and so release the steam.
    There is another advantage to this that in a while we would see who is the biggest asshole on EI.
    Of course using this button would have to be anonymous.

( Don't ask me whose post I was reading when this idea occured to me )
    I agree with you entirely Anna, we don't need assholes on this site, it leaves the brilliant posters like myself open to abuse. I'd love to know who the biggest asshole on this site is. Anybody any suggestions?

Reviews

Actually I agree Carlos. I tried to make a bad idea work instead of just saying it's a bad idea.
    It was actually Anon's post that caused me to post. The fact that somebody like Anon ended up getting two negative reputation votes for what was in effect a helpful/informative thread made it obvious that even the current reputation bar system is being abused............so why open up further avenues for abuse.

If people are'nt prepared to stand up and defend their views by posting with their primary user name, then they should bugger off instead of trying to antagonise others under a further cloak of anonymity.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to carlos marvado For This Useful Post:

nicegirlsarenice (06-06-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Hello Anna.. You have still not informed us who these wrongly banned people are...

How are we to look into this if we do not know who they are or who you feel fall into the category of being banned for expressing an opinion?

It is a very serious matter and a very serious charge to lay at our door please either post/pm who they are or kindly stop saying such a damaging thing and not bother to back it up..

More in hope then in expectation...qph...

I don't see where she said that anyone had been wrongly banned. She said people shouldn't be banned for expressing their opinions. I interpreted that as a reaction to this reply from Patricia:

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    We can do this. If you give bad reputation, we can set a level at which bad reputation equals a ban.
    I'm sure Patricia's intent wasn't to ban people for expressing their opinions, but you can easily see how her idea could lead to that: People give negative reputation because they don't like the opinion expressed in a post, and after a certain number of times the poster finds himself banned.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I don't see where she said that anyone had been wrongly banned.
    Then you must be better with numbers then with words... what part of...

"or will we continue ban people for opinions?!"

...don't you see as clearly saying we ban people for simply expressing an opinion which by definition would be to ban in the wrong?

I have had enough of this bullshit death by a thousand cuts or to be more exact death by a thousand lies that are baseless and cannot be proven as if so it would have been provided by now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    We can do this. If you give bad reputation, we can set a level at which bad reputation equals a ban.
    I said that months and months ago...

Will you "ever" listen to me woman?
    So peope with whom others do not share the same opinion are to be banned?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast