Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greatest ever actor

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    I don't think Clint Eastwood is that great an actor. He's a fucking badass though and he carries that off in his movies. When you here Clint Eastwood is in a movie you know what your getting. He's a brilliant director though.

My favourites would be.....De Niro, Paul Newman and Gary Oldman.
    I disagree with you on clint not being a great actor but completly agree with on the director.Million dollar baby was a fantastic film,loved that it was'nt predictable like most sport movies where the leads usually win against the odds.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    I disagree with you on clint not being a great actor but completly agree with on the director.Million dollar baby was a fantastic film,loved that it was'nt predictable like most sport movies where the leads usually win against the odds.
    I agree with you AML, Clint is one of the best. His performance in Gran Torino was fantastic.
    Paul Newman, Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman are up there with him.
    Last edited by Forrest; 31-05-10 at 22:45.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

Reviews

I would agree with all of the actors mentioned by previous posters and would also add Jack Nicholson and Sean Connery.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    I would agree with all of the actors mentioned by previous posters and would also add Jack Nicholson and Sean Connery.
    Jack nicholsan almost forgot him,even though the film recieved a bit of critisism really enjoyed him in the departed.Thought the movie was a work art actually.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

I think while Eastwood was a pretty good actor, his forté is definitely directing, the man knows what audiences want
    Clint Eastwood turns 80: Hollywood legend won't be celebrating 'To Make My Day' (VIDEO)

Reviews

nic cage would be my pick for this. Very believable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    I was watching the enforcer the other night and it got me thinking about the poor quality of films and actors at the mo.I personally think that clint eastwood is one of the finest actors of all time and he is still going at 80.Another of my favourite actors is robert de niro even though he has been in a load of crap recently.Will wew ever see this calibure of actor again among the countless gimps out there.
    I hate it when people come up with questions like this one, just makes me think too much until my head hurts (yes I know I’ve got too much time on my hands) but I love movies, been watching proper grown up movies since I was a child, my Dad got me into the old spaghetti westerns when I was young and everything went from there.

You of course have all of the obvious names like DeNiro, Pacino, Eastwood, Newman, McQueen, Freeman, Brando, Guinness, Poitier, Hoffman, Burton, Hackman, Quinn, Kingsley, Hurt, Spacey, Pleasance, its just an impossible question for me to answer.

But there’s one scene out of the thousands and thousands of films I’ve seen in my life that has two of those all time greats going head to head and no matter how many times I see it it still sends shivers down my spine, the scene in Heat where DeNiro and Pacino sit in the diner over a coffee and realize they’ve more in common than either of them would ever believe, its truly amazing and worth watching the whole movie for just to see that ten minute scene.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

I just like to add Marlon Brando...maybe he is not the best ever actor but Godfather one of my favourite film....but i agree with otheres
    Good bye Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    I just like to add Marlon Brando...maybe he is not the best ever actor but Godfather one of my favourite film....but i agree with otheres
    People keep going on and on about how good Brando was in the Godfather but I don’t think he ever got enough credit for his performance in Apocalypse Now, equally brilliant Stella.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    People keep going on and on about how good Brando was in the Godfather but I don’t think he ever got enough credit for his performance in Apocalypse Now, equally brilliant Stella.
    awww also very very good one, i enjoyed a lot but i would say rather a movie for men... but u right this wont be the first which gets into people mind!!

to be honest ive seen that one cause my father have it the editorial edition even longer
    Good bye Ireland!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast