Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cuts to lone parents just the start

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I agree mini-me that we do need social welfare to help people thru difficult times but when they are turning down jobs because it wouldn't pay them to come off it something is wrong..
    Something is wrong with the system for sure.

Reviews

Now I'm really mad, I took on a girl last week on what I told her was for only a short term, a few weeks to get some rush orders out, anyway all was going well untill she came to me this morning, she had got her pay slip with a cheque attached she said to me because it was short term she assumed I was paying her cash. I said no short term is short term but it's still official through the books, she replies sorry that might effect my dole and she quits, I explained she could inform the dole and they could suspend her dole short term and I even said a lot of my staff started out that way and are still here years later but she decided she didn't want to take the risk!! WTF

Reviews

You got free work out of her though

4. Default

Now watch the number of women who will now have to consider this line of work just to cover basic bills!!
    The whole thing is crazy they should be pulled out of government!!!
    The infamous and unique Irish Soairsa lol

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    ya thats fine if its beyond the persons control Lone Parents Allowance is fine to such people but this is a huge racket dont forget our East European neighbours have latched on in their droves too i.e Child Benefit 180+ monthly= same as a monthly wage over there...
    No one is saying that the system is perfect far from it but it should be better policed by the Department.

That being said if someone is a genuine lone parent or on the dole then they should be looked after.

You have hit the nail on the head there are so many non nationals with kids living abroad that the Govt cannot tackle them as its against EU law, so the solution is to hit everyone with cuts.

Thats all fine and dandy if you can head back home after getting a few years childs allowance, its the people who have to live here are suffering.

Hence making a child a non child at the tender age of 13.

Reviews

Now I'm really mad, I took on a girl last week on what I told her was for only a short term, a few weeks to get some rush orders out, anyway all was going well untill she came to me this morning, she had got her pay slip with a cheque attached she said to me because it was short term she assumed I was paying her cash. I said no short term is short term but it's still official through the books, she replies sorry that might effect my dole and she quits, I explained she could inform the dole and they could suspend her dole short term and I even said a lot of my staff started out that way and are still here years later but she decided she didn't want to take the risk!! WTF
    Are you sure this was the reason ????

You wear'nt trying to throw the leg over the young office secretary ???

Blog Entries

when the dole office contact you let them know she quit and wasn't fired, that way she'll have her dole suspended, I can't stand people letting you down when you offer them employment or then decide life is better on the dole

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Are you sure this was the reason ????

You wear'nt trying to throw the leg over the young office secretary ???
    Are you mad, never shit on your own doorstep has always served me well

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    when the dole office contact you let them know she quit and wasn't fired, that way she'll have her dole suspended, I can't stand people letting you down when you offer them employment or then decide life is better on the dole
    I don't think she even contacted them to say she got temp work, silly girl, what she think I was asking for her pps number for

Blog Entries

what she think I was asking for her pps number for
    some people really just don't have a clue

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234