Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Irish are lovely ppl?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    I reckon people are much the same all over the world, friendly? selfish? ect., ect.
    I think Irish are far sneakier in general,
    Westside.

Reviews

Irish people are just selfish, it cant be argued!! in the 80's people were more united, you knew who your neighbour was and because of the recession at that point people stuck together, I would agree that in recent times people let a cash influx change them completely!! Ireland is now run by a corrupt government and their attitude weather we like it or not has been bread into all of us!! sneaky is an understatment, its all about me, myself and I!! Its a rarity to see simple gestures even these days like giving up a seat to the elderly or holding open doors or simply using please and thank you!!

I cant stand this country, for an idea on how a country should be visit any of our european counter parts and see the difference... paris, berlin, madrid all great cities!!! Im sure they have their problems to of course but generally the people I encountered were far more educated, well mannered and the cities were tidy and not over run with drunks, junkies or teenage slappers!!!

Fuck other countries. Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is I'm not. i honestly just feel that Ireland is the best country and all the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called 'patriotism'.

Blog Entries

What were you called before BitchHunter???......................
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

I think with the celtic tiger this country has changed considerably and not for the better i am afraid.Most people have become abnoxious, selfish and only interested in money.Antisocial behaviour and the rise of crime have ruined this country.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BitchHunter View Post
    Fuck other countries. Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is I'm not. i honestly just feel that Ireland is the best country and all the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called 'patriotism'.
    Jesus tap dancing christ are u american by any chance.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

As I had said in a different thread, I cycled around Ireland in the summer of 1990 for 4 weeks. The vast majority of the times I asked permission to put up a tent on their ground I was told to come into the house and a bed or sofa was made available along with breakfast in the morning before I left. What would be the chance of that now. I don't think u would even be allowed onto someones field to pitch tent.

Or when was the last time u seen anyone thumbing a lift? A very rare sight to see anymore. People are too afraid to give a strangers lift due to fear or worry of insurance in an accident.

As I had said previous, the Celtic tiger has made Ireland north and south, very mercenary.
    It's a pity but I suppose they call it progress.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Derry lad View Post
    It's a pity but I suppose they call it progress.
    That's not progress, it's just sad................
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

also meant to say.... (still ranting)

the North used to be the real bad, dangerous shithole of a place especially during the troubles but I look at the front page of the Irish Daily Star most mornings and u would think it was 'The Washington Post' !!! It seems to be a murder every other day along with gang warfare, robberies and drugs. And it seems to have started in the last few years. It's turned into an awful waste of a nation.....

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Derry lad View Post
    also meant to say.... (still ranting)

the North used to be the real bad, dangerous shithole of a place especially during the troubles but I look at the front page of the Irish Daily Star most mornings and u would think it was 'The Washington Post' !!! It seems to be a murder every other day along with gang warfare, robberies and drugs. And it seems to have started in the last few years. It's turned into an awful waste of a nation.....
    You're enjoying the benefits of the Good Friday agreement Derry lad............the north is becoming more like the south. At this stage it's debatable whether the favelas of Sao Paulo are still more dangerous than places like Southill and Moyross.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast